MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miscellaneous Criminal Cases

+29
Tangled Web
Freedom
Heisenburg
dogs don't lie
mumof6
Bampots
What's_up_doc?
dannii
AndyB
Bloodhound
joyce1938
chrissie
froggy
Guinea Pig
Mimi
nannygroves
costello
Dee Coy
Andrew
PMR
bluebell
Tristar
chirpyinsect
Châtelaine
Admin
Fiat500
Lorraine
wjk
candyfloss
33 posters

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

Miscellaneous Criminal Cases - Page 11 Empty Re: Miscellaneous Criminal Cases

Post  Andrew Mon 28 Nov 2016, 2:10 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3978616/Is-key-DB-Cooper-mystery-Haul-FBI-documents-unsolved-hijacking-investigation-released-online-allowing-amateur-sleuths-comb-clues.html

Snipped from the end:

According to Geoffrey Gray, who is releasing the files: 'We’re opening up everything we have to the public, and we need help solving the case.'
He said: 'We’re re-opening the case though—here on True.Ink. We’ll be releasing all of the FBI’s confidential case files, a treasure trove never made available before.
'And true to our spirit of living the story, we’re asking help from our readers to roll up their sleeves and help us annotate the documents in the hopes of generating new leads.'

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 28 Nov 2016, 3:05 pm

https://true.ink/story/d-b-cooper-fbi-files-released/

That's the link from the DM article with the released FBI files. 292 pages of it (thought there'd be a lot more than that actually).

I don't think I'll be rolling my sleeves up for this one.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:20 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3979978/Father-Poppi-Worthington-not-face-prosecution-despite-probably-sexual-assaulting-review-finds-decision-not-charge-correct.html

The father of 13-month-old Poppi Worthington will not face prosecution despite a judge ruling he probably sexually assaulted her before she died.
Poppi collapsed with serious injuries at her home in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, on December 12 2012 and was rushed to hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Mr Worthington was originally arrested on suspicion of sexual assault in August 2013 but no action was taken against him, and he has always denied any wrongdoing.
A judge in the family courts earlier this year ruled that Worthington, probably sexually assaulted Poppi before her sudden death.

And the Crown Prosecution Service has said there will be no criminal charges brought against Worthington.
The CPS said on Monday that a full review of the evidence found that 'the decision not to charge was correct'.
A CPS spokesman said: 'Following a review of the original charging decision in this case, the CPS announced that there was not a realistic prospect of conviction in July 2016.

Evil or Very Mad Mad
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 30 Nov 2016, 12:42 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:30 am

Personally I think that the father and all the available evidence should be put before a jury and let them reach a verdict. There is a local tv news reporter has taken this case ' on board ' I can't see her letting it go

Of course an alternative would be to sit him in the local town centre with a big sign saying who he is , a few of the local males and no witnesses,CCTV etc
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:16 pm

I was reading about this one a while back. Woman soldier was having marriage problems and then just disappeared after abandoning her car and not turning up for work etc.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/questions-rumors-swirl-around-disappearance-fort-campbell-soldier-shadow-mcclaine-n650571

.....Anyway it's just come up in the DM latest headlines that 2 soldiers have been arrested for her premeditated murder. No body has been found by the way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3986800/Two-Fort-Campbell-soldiers-charged-premeditated-murder-disappearance-female-soldier-two-months-reported-missing.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Criminal Cases - Page 11 Empty Girl of four dies after mother fed her meth, heroin and ketamine

Post  candyfloss Thu 01 Dec 2016, 1:30 pm

Girl of four dies after mother fed her meth, heroin and ketamine
  - A four-year-old girl died after she was persuaded to take a cocktail of drugs that her mother, Michala Pyke, 37, referred to as Smarties.

In 2013, Poppy Widdison suffered a cardiac arrest at the home of 40-year-old John Rytting, who was dating the girl's Pyke. A jury at Hull Crown Court heard of how tests were carried out after she died and the results revealed she ingested various drugs for up to six months leading up to her death.

The jury was told Widdison was given heroin, methadone, sedatives and ketamine. Pyke and Rytting, who are being accused of child cruelty, allegedly sent text messages to one another. In one of the messages, Pyke told her boyfriend to give Poppy a blue smartie (diazepam) and then she could go to sleep.

When police searched Rytting's home, they found more than 1,000 tablets of drugs that were scattered across the place. Paramedics found the young girl turning blue and unresponsive after they received a call to the home. She was taken to Sheffield Children's Hospital, but she died while there.

David Gordon, the prosecutor in the case, said Rytting and Pyke were not facing murder chargers or manslaughter because there wasn't enough evidence to blame them for her death. He also said there were experts that disagreed about its cause, but there were clear evidence that the girl was fed drugs in a bid to keep her quiet.

A neighbor said they used to hear Pyke refer to her daughter as a b**** and there were marks on her arms. Pyke said she only smacked Poppy on the bottom in order to discipline her.

Pyke and Rytting deny the two charges of child cruelty. However, they both admitted a single charge of cruelty against the girl by neglecting her by exposing her to drugs. The trial is still going on and there's no telling when it will conclude.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/crime/girl-4-dies-after-mother-fed-her-meth-heroin-and-ketamine/article/480760

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:06 pm

Horrific story. Poor little girl. Sad

I posted about this a couple of times the other day on the 'Misc Criminal Cases' thread. I don't think anyone reads that apart from me. Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:12 pm

I despair, I really do.   How can people do such things.   I did read your post Andrew but these cases depress me so much I didn't comment then.
I hope they don't get away with just 'neglect' - can a jury (is there one in this case?) find them guilty of a more serious charge?

Another thought - don't these people have parents, families that notice behaviours?   What about their GP's, methadone is prescription so don't doctors ever, ever consider a child living with addicts and think to keep checks ?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:18 pm

Andrew wrote:Horrific story. Poor little girl. Sad

I posted about this a couple of times the other day on the 'Misc Criminal Cases' thread. I don't think anyone reads that apart from me. Very Happy

Sorry Andrew, I did see something, but I searched and couldn't find which thread when I went to post it Embarassed

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 01 Dec 2016, 3:17 pm

No worries. I post up that much random stuff on that thread that I often forget what I've posted myself.

I've added the two separate posts of yours to here.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 01 Dec 2016, 3:20 pm

They should be charged with murder as that's exactly what they did to her when giving the poor little girl all these drugs.

They need to be spending the rest of their miserable lives behind bars. Absolute scum.

Imo etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:36 pm

I'm not hardcore, Andrew. BUT I agree: lock them up.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 02 Dec 2016, 6:02 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:45 am

What a dreadful story, though I don't see any similarities to the McCanns, Andrew.

The bit about the children being returned by the state from presumed safety with their grandmother to their psycho parents reminds me of the Ellie Butler case in England.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 02 Dec 2016, 10:50 am

Freedom wrote:What a dreadful story, though I don't see any similarities to the McCanns, Andrew.

The bit about the children being returned by the state from presumed safety with their grandmother to their psycho parents reminds me of the Ellie Butler case in England.  

Campaigning for the safe return of their child knowing full well his fate and that he wouldn't be found is one similarity.

Yes a dreadful story indeed.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:03 am

Well, that is something that is common to most, if not all, cases where the disappearance of a child has been definitely proved to be the work of the parents; all those tearful pleas in the media for information.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:33 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3996330/Woman-charged-killing-husband-shooting-head-appears-court-prosecutor-call-filthy-mouthed-parrot-Bud-witnessed-murder-stand.html

A woman accused of killing her husband in an attempted murder-suicide - with their pet parrot as the only witness - appeared in court for the first time.
Glenna Duram, 46, is charged with first-degree murder for allegedly shooting her husband, Martin, 45, on May 12, 2015 and then turning the gun on herself in their Newaygo County's Ensley Township home in Michigan. She survived.
The alleged murder-suicide has drawn attention for its unusual witness - the couple's pet parrot. Weeks after his death, Martin Duram's family recorded the bird 'parroting' what they believe to be the victim's last words: 'Don't f***ing shoot!'
The prosecutor says he hasn't ruled out putting the African grey parrot, Bud, on the stand, according to NBC News.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 05 Dec 2016, 9:21 pm

Speaking of Guns.. I'm just presently half-watching this documentary on BBC1 about Mark Duggan. Quite interesting.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 05 Dec 2016, 9:25 pm

I posted about this here on 15th November - previous page. I had doubts about this one and even his ex-wife didn't think he'd done it deliberately.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 05 Dec 2016, 10:04 pm

I can't recall all the finer details about it so will have to look into it again to form an opinion.

On the previous page I also mentioned about an 18 year old lad going missing. Forgot about that one and just googled his name. Very sad.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/252744/body-recovered-from-sea-confirmed-as-missing-inverness-teenager-adam-mitchell/
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Criminal Cases - Page 11 Empty Marybeth Tinning

Post  Freedom Wed 07 Dec 2016, 11:11 pm

I'm not sure if this case has been mentioned before - the woman who killed eight of her nine children in the 1970s and 1980s.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/14-years-tiny-corpses-authorities-finally-action-murderous-mother-article-1.122089

She was an adequate mother to her first two children but then the third died soon after birth from spinal meningitis.

Within a few weeks, the older two died mysteriously, as did five further natural children and one who was adopted illegally.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next