MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann Books

+59
SBLACKROCK
curious
What's_up_doc?
chrissie
PMR
Mo
unreorganised
joyce1938
Heisenburg
AndyB
Satsuma
Bampots
dandaar
Guinea Pig
ciawoman
Walt
TheTruthWillOut
whyte
froggy
hesla
Hellsbells
seahorse
PeterMac
dogs don't lie
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
costello
eltee
chirpyinsect
bluebell
gbwales
JR
Anne
Fiat500
KathyBelle
Jellybot
candyfloss
Carlymichelle
nobodythereeither
Cristobell
travis macbickle
Poppy
cherry
Scrants
Andrew
Bagheera
Lorraine
Mimi
Popcorn
ohdear
Justformaddiemccann
Châtelaine
Antonia
Poe
Dee Coy
Freedom
chilli
Admin
dantezebu
63 posters

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 24 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann Books

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 20 May 2016, 8:08 am

Andrew wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:Surely Gonçalo believes in the results of his investigation?? How could he do his job but not put trust in his own findings. IMO, what he makes clear in his interviews and book is the fact that the results were not just believed by him but throughout his team and LP?
IMO
It was only his investigation up till 2 Oct 2007 though. The case wasn't archived until  2008. Joyce is correct. In an interview he made it clear it was the opinion of the investigation and so he could not ( even if he wanted to ) have said anything else.
I'm not saying he doesn't still think death on the 3rd. He may well do but I don't think we will know for sure until the appeal is laid to rest finally. Not too long till we hear about that I hope.

Exactly - the whole investigation at the time with all the work put in and a lot of stuff that we, Joe public, are not privy to, all came to the same conclusion.... the 3rd.

If there was a sniff of evidence that contradicted that, then it would of sharply come to light.

Imo etc..

I doubt any new theories would come to light unless they had irrefutable evidence to reopen the investigation and get a conviction Andrew. That hadn't happened by the time the book came out. There is Judicial Secrecy in PT so the only way anything new can come out is if it were to be shelved again. We can agree to disagree on this all day long but there seems to have been a very tight lid on this from the PT end. Even now nothing much comes out.
You want GA to be correct because you believe it all happened on the 3rd. I want him to have revised his thinking compared to when he wrote the book because I believe in an earlier death. Both of us believe in the man himself. One day we will find out I hope.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 20 May 2016, 8:41 am

Absolutely - I hope we will and I'm sure we will.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 20 May 2016, 8:51 am

When Mr Amaral wrote his book he could only use what was in the released files. He might have known way back in 2007 that Madeleine died earlier than the 3rd but the released files have witness statements saying she was alive that evening.

He had to tailor his opinion to information that was freely available because of the threat of legal action and to state that he thought Madeleine died earlier in the week without any evidence that we, the media and the courts have access to would have made his book look like a personal vendetta against the McCanns.

He, very cleverly, stuck to the publicly available facts which don't show the whole picture but gives enough information for the reader to fill in the gaps.

I think that when everything comes out, we'll all be stunned by the amount of knowledge that Mr Amaral has but has not used. I also think that the little snippets he's revealed recently about the alternative timeline and possible cremation are clear warning shots to the McCanns that he knows far more than he has revealed so far.

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 24 Empty Re:New Book by Peter Sharrenberg.

Post  costello Fri 20 May 2016, 9:09 am

Totally agree Poe.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Fri 20 May 2016, 11:05 am

Thanks chirpy insect ,I think you knew what I meant ,I don't always say things in the easiest if ways ,for people maybe . I think that the child was not abducted by stranger danger. Have sat through so many ideas for us all ,over a long time now ,so anyone of those theories could I guess be so . I don't think she will be found in my lifetime ,sadly. hope one day he will be recognized I don't think Mr amaral will tell all yet ,because what can be used in court could be spoiled by it. He did I think say he knew more,but he maybe realizing it could harm a courtcase. I feel he is a very wise man ,and I don't know much more to say really.One thing I have just realized ,reading about the ben case . there were footings being put down when child vanished,she could be beneath a villa . what a horrible thing to have in mind . regards to all who wish truth for maddie, joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 20 May 2016, 11:24 am

Poe wrote:When Mr Amaral wrote his book he could only use what was in the released files. He might have known way back in 2007 that Madeleine died earlier than the 3rd but the released files have witness statements saying she was alive that evening.

He had to tailor his opinion to information that was freely available because of the threat of legal action and to state that he thought Madeleine died earlier in the week without any evidence that we, the media and the courts have access to would have made his book look like a personal vendetta against the McCanns.

He, very cleverly, stuck to the publicly available facts which don't show the whole picture but gives enough information for the reader to fill in the gaps.

I think that when everything comes out, we'll all be stunned by the amount of knowledge that Mr Amaral has but has not used. I also think that the little snippets he's revealed recently about the alternative timeline and possible cremation are clear warning shots to the McCanns that he knows far more than he has revealed so far.

Just what I having been trying to say but you say it so much better Poe.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 20 May 2016, 5:32 pm

Maybe it's just me then, I if I'd written a book on something so big and close to the heart and then realised I was wrong.... I don't know.... I don't think I could be as positive speaking about it and getting it printed in English. Don't know how I'd feel if the truth was that she disappeared days earlier and the book was the wrong conclusion confused
IMO and others just may well be correct.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 20 May 2016, 6:00 pm

Only my interpretation ddl, but I just think he only put in the book FACTS that could be affirmed.   Any suggestion or feeling that the facts (as provided by T9?) could be incorrect or misleading = or lying = would have put GA in a very difficult position in print.   What he wrote is incontrovertible  (as proven in court).
I am sure he knows much more, and there is much information that has been held back.  He must protect himself until it all is proven imo.

Sorry Poe, just seen you said it so much better.     Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Jun 2016, 7:18 am

I've just looked on Amazon to see (on someone else's behalf) if the Steve Marsden book "Faked Abduction" is available and the only book that comes up is the one by Summers and Swan!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_16?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=faked+abduction+steve+marsden&sprefix=faked+abduction+%2Cstripbooks%2C204
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 21 Jul 2016, 12:46 pm

Noticed the author of said book, Peter wotsit, has got very vocal on twitter of late about the Madeleine case.

Some of his tweets here.

https://twitter.com/pscharren/with_replies?lang=en-gb
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 22 Jul 2016, 6:41 am

Let me see if i read those correctly(i hate twitter! Never understant who says what...who is the hachee or the hachette so to speak....)so is he saying two witnesses went underground and were never questioned or is someone telling him that??? If so spit it out whoever it is!!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:54 am

Not sure myself Bampots. I've not read his book or that link that I posted on here somewhere where you could read snippets from it.

Agree with the spit it out bit. He seems to be dangling some sort of carrot or at least pretending he knows more than he's letting on.

2 separate independent witnesses who can blow the McCann story apart is the sort of gist I'm getting scratch

Another playing sodding games maybe?

Just wish he would back it up and say it out loud rather than this riddle chit-chat.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:05 am

Chelsea Hoffman ‏@CHProfiler · 8h8 hours ago

#McCann book cover preview. Book to be published soon!

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 24 Co-kxWXVMAAIqvt

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:20 am

candyfloss wrote:Chelsea Hoffman ‏@CHProfiler  · 8h8 hours ago  

#McCann book cover preview. Book to be published soon!

Isn't this a bit redundant, what with Summers and Swan having already delivered the definitive account of events?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:04 am

I`m hoping Chelsea Hoffman`s book will be more sceptical than S&S - I`m sure she`s always written from the sceptic angle. She is in the US so I doubt whether the Mcs will be able to sue her but they may be able to ban it from being sold in this country.

No doubt it`s going to be a worry for the Mcs.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:14 am

I should have added a tongue in cheek smiley to my previous post, but there doesn't appear to be one.

Having said that, I've never actually read the S&S tome, it might be really good for all I know study Sleep
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:03 pm

I must admit to not knowing much about Chelsea Hoffman.

I'll have a gander on her website.

http://www.chelseahoffman.com/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 04 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm

Well I'm looking forward to Chelsea's book. It CANNOT be worse than S & S book!
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 06 Aug 2016, 7:43 am

Chelsea Hoffman ‏@CHProfiler ·

New book about #McCann disappearance to be available any day now Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 06 Aug 2016, 8:02 am

This has a whiff of hoax......the website articles are all/mostly in same month and all are just regurgitations of other pieces id bet....no writing style little or no sign of investigative powers......and from the image ive seen looks like the woman from bury art Mama Sideboard or whatever her moniker is.....

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 06 Aug 2016, 10:08 am

Now you've got me wondering, Bampots! Which website articles do you mean?

There is nothing that I can see about the book on CH's own website which does seem a bit odd......
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 06 Aug 2016, 10:43 am

Freedom wrote:Now you've got me wondering, Bampots! Which website articles do you mean?

There is nothing that I can see about the book on CH's own website which does seem a bit odd......

It would seem odd, do you have a link to the website Freedom?

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 06 Aug 2016, 10:53 am

I posted it yesterday. Here it is again.

http://www.chelseahoffman.com/

I shall make an appointment with SpecSavers if there is a mention of the book!

P.S. Just as a matter of interest, I came across this old petition to remove CH from Allvoices - whatever that was.

https://www.change.org/p/amra-tareen-remove-contributor-chelsea-hoffman-from-allvoices-com

Note the reference to Madeleine McCann; I don't know about the two other cases with the very unlikely names but CH is certainly not wrong to continue to doubt the McCanns!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 06 Aug 2016, 12:12 pm

Just a feeling...but in the Holly Elvis case she dwells on the phone locations and how they can be wrong....she just dont scan right to me!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 06 Aug 2016, 3:31 pm

Did you mean Heather Elvis or Holly Bobo? You really couldn't make up either of those names.

I'm not sure if I knew that CH is a crime profiler and analyst, I thought she was just a blogger. That may be all she is as I see that there are doubts on the qualifications she claims to hold.

Must admit that the name of another self-proclaimed expert has sprung to mind here - one a lot nearer to home!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next