DCI Andy Redwood

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Mimi on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:20 pm

hicks wrote:
Mimi wrote:You never know, Andy could have bowed out because he is fed up with having to whitewash people he knows darn well are guilty.


That is a distinct possibility.

During her time as editor for NOTW Rebekah Brooks worked closely with Sara Payne ( mother of Sarah who was murdered by child sex offender Roy Whiting) both campaigned for 'Sarah's Law' where you can ask the police if someone has a record of child sex offences.

Could be just a coincidence that Brooks, who had a background campaigning to name and shame child abusers, demands the reopening of the Madeleine McCann review. Was she hoping that someone would be exposed during the process? Just a thought.


That`s my sort of thought Hicks - and quite probable IMO - fingers crossed anyway.
avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3395
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Poppy on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:32 pm

Redwood and his men, have sorted the wheat from the chaff all that's left now is for Saunders and Wall to sort the chaff from the wheat. I would hazzard a guess that these women are dressed in wolf's clothing disguised as sheep,Gerry been a narcissist will love it, Kate,Jane,Fifi,Diane and Racheal well?
avatar
Poppy

Posts : 275
Join date : 2014-08-30
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Poppy on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:49 pm

Mimi wrote:
hicks wrote:
Mimi wrote:You never know, Andy could have bowed out because he is fed up with having to whitewash people he knows darn well are guilty.


That is a distinct possibility.

During her time as editor for NOTW Rebekah Brooks worked closely with Sara Payne ( mother of Sarah who was murdered by child sex offender Roy Whiting) both campaigned for 'Sarah's Law' where you can ask the police if someone has a record of child sex offences.

Could be just a coincidence that Brooks, who had a background campaigning to name and shame child abusers, demands the reopening of the Madeleine McCann review. Was she hoping that someone would be exposed during the process? Just a thought.
Brooks, doesn't give a bugger for Sara or the McCann's Imo she has made a fortune both for herself and Murdoch suites them both,doubt either have loyalties .Maybe she is a friend of Nicola wall Very Happy


That`s my sort of thought Hicks - and quite probable IMO - fingers crossed anyway.
avatar
Poppy

Posts : 275
Join date : 2014-08-30
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  hicks on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:04 am

wlbts wrote:
hicks wrote:The man on the ground at the time- Mr Amaral- the lead investigator says SY were putting forward the burglar theory, not Journalists, not anyone in the media but police officers from the UK.

SY have given not one, but two confirmations that the parents are not suspects. The parents have not been made Alguidos, or people of interest so far so where do you go from there or have I missed something?

Another weird thing to ponder. Why is it that nearly every big announcement from SY coinsides   with a McCann event? Mostly legal events where we see the McCann's making appearances on the steps of some courthouse. It seems like SY actually help their cause. The senseless digging in PDL one example. No body found. The McCann's then go to Portugal for the libel trial where a nasty Portuguese cop says that Madeleine is dead......but 'there is no evidence to suggest that Madeleine is dead', and GM can repeat his now well established mantra.

QC Robert Jay says that Rebekah Brooks used threats to get the case reopened. Wasn't she going to put Theresa May's face on the front cover of the sun every day until her demands were met?
This mystery has political involvement imo. Brooks no doubt had 'things' on certain people in the public eye, and possibly held a good many careers in the palm of her hand. This is why Cameron agreed to a review.

Just my opinion.  

On your first point, that's what Amaral said.  However, the wikileaks release showed that British police were working to develop evidence against the McCanns.

On your second point - and I've said this over and over again - what investigation makes people suspects before they are ready to close the case?  Of course OG aren't going to announce anyone as suspects yet.  Next week may well change that situation.  The PJ didn't call the McCanns suspects until they made them arguidos.

On your third point - what would be the point of that?  The British media barely mentions the libel trial.  The McCanns don't need any assistance to wipe the libel trial off the news.  And there have been lots of events from OG that haven't coincided with McCann 'events'.  

SY help their cause?  Really?  The McCanns want us all to believe that Madeleine is still alive somewhere.  SY clearly aren't looking for a living 'findable' child.  I can't think of a single event in this entire investigation that has benefited the McCanns.  Tannerman eliminated.  Gerry's alibi wrecked.  Digging up land to find a corpse.

And finally, a list of people to be interviewed next week that certainly can't be connected to any 'bungled break-in'.  Witnesses that saw the state of apartment 5A on the evening of 3rd May 2007.

WLBTS, you say that the British Police were working to develop evidence against the McCann's .....good... well.. OK, what happened to it? We are now approaching the eight year mark, how much longer do you think they will need to put forward all this evidence that was found in 2007?

The way I see it, far from eliminating Tannerman, it's Jane Tanner who has been let off the hook for lying about some mythical abductor. Her statement's are just a joke. Firstly there's a child wrapped in a blanket, then there's no blanket but pyjamas and bare feet. Then there's eggman through to a positive identification of Robert Murat. Ye gods, it that alone doesn't ring alarm bells with Redwood then I guess nothing would.

Another example of SY coinciding with a McCann event: McCann's mark Fifth Anniversary while Mr Redwood spoke last week...http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/317115/McCanns-mark-Madeleine-anniversary.

As SY don't give running commentaries you can't second guess that the list is full of potential witnesses who saw 5a a first hand. The list has Ocean Club employees. It is suspected that keys to 5a went missing a week before May 03.The list is likely full of suspects.
avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:10 am

hicks wrote:

WLBTS, you say that the British Police were working to develop evidence against the McCann's .....good... well.. OK, what happened to it? We are now approaching the eight year mark, how much longer do you think they will need to put forward all this evidence that was found in 2007?

The way I see it, far from eliminating Tannerman, it's Jane Tanner who has been let off the hook for lying about some mythical abductor. Her statement's are just a joke. Firstly there's a child wrapped in a blanket, then there's no blanket but pyjamas and bare feet. Then there's eggman through to a positive identification of Robert Murat. Ye gods, it that alone doesn't ring alarm bells with Redwood then I guess nothing would.

Another example of SY coinciding with a McCann event: McCann's mark Fifth Anniversary while Mr Redwood spoke last week...http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/317115/McCanns-mark-Madeleine-anniversary.

As SY don't give running commentaries you can't second guess that the list is full of potential witnesses who saw 5a a first hand. The list has Ocean Club employees. It is suspected that keys to 5a went missing a week before May 03.The list is likely full of suspects.

I really don't understand your way of thinking, especially on Tannerman. Tannerman was Gerry's alibi, and the abductor that the McCanns have been pointing at all these years. Redwood swept that away. Alarm bells?

So in your opinion Blacksmith's list is rubbish?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  hicks on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:14 am

wlbts wrote:
hicks wrote:

WLBTS, you say that the British Police were working to develop evidence against the McCann's .....good... well.. OK, what happened to it? We are now approaching the eight year mark, how much longer do you think they will need to put forward all this evidence that was found in 2007?

The way I see it, far from eliminating Tannerman, it's Jane Tanner who has been let off the hook for lying about some mythical abductor. Her statement's are just a joke. Firstly there's a child wrapped in a blanket, then there's no blanket but pyjamas and bare feet. Then there's eggman through to a positive identification of Robert Murat. Ye gods, it that alone doesn't ring alarm bells with Redwood then I guess nothing would.

Another example of SY coinciding with a McCann event: McCann's mark Fifth Anniversary while Mr Redwood spoke last week...http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/317115/McCanns-mark-Madeleine-anniversary.

As SY don't give running commentaries you can't second guess that the list is full of potential witnesses who saw 5a a first hand. The list has Ocean Club employees. It is suspected that keys to 5a went missing a week before May 03.The list is likely full of suspects.

So in your opinion Blacksmith's list is rubbish?

In a word, yes.
avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:17 am

hicks wrote:
In a word, yes.

That's your perogative, I believe the list is genuine and that Blacksmith wouldn't post fictional rubbish like the tabloids do. He/they have earned my respect.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Dee Coy on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:26 am

How could the Bureau obtain that list unless they work for SY, the PJ or the Portuguese Prosecutor. Or there's a massive leak?

Are you saying Blacksmith has inside info?

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:36 am

Dee Coy wrote:How could the Bureau obtain that list unless they work for SY, the PJ or the Portuguese Prosecutor. Or there's a massive leak?

Are you saying Blacksmith has inside info?

Why would Blacksmith post a fictional list?  When it could easily be proven wrong by future events soon to come? And add at least one name that nobody has ever heard of in relation to the case?

We'll see.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Dee Coy on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:52 am

I would imagine they've offered it to their readers as their best guess as to the identities of the witnesses, based on the research and knowledge they themselves have complied. You yourself said you wasn't surprised by the names mentioned prior to this list as people the Met would like to interview (the gardner, Murat etc) as they fit in with your thesis of the case and match whom you would be interested in speaking to if you were in OG's shoes.

I guess Blacksmith's done the same and the names are the results of the Bureau's labour.

The alternative is that they have access to the list, but how could they?

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:55 am

Dee Coy wrote:I would imagine they've offered it to their readers as their best guess as to the identities of the witnesses, based on the research and knowledge they themselves have complied. You yourself said you wasn't surprised by the names mentioned prior to this list as people the Met would like to interview (the gardner, Murat etc) as they fit in with your thesis of the case and match whom you would be interested in speaking to if you were in OG's shoes.

I guess Blacksmith's done the same and the names are the results of the Bureau's labour.  

The alternative is that they have access to the list, but how could they?

I don't believe that they would post a guesstimate without concrete information. Sorry, but I don't. Like I said, we'll see.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Dee Coy on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 1:01 am

We will. And if that list is 100% accurate it'll raise a whole lot of new questions about the Bureau and who they are.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 1:10 am

Dee Coy wrote:We will. And if that list is 100% accurate it'll raise a whole lot of new questions about the Bureau and who they are.

Not really.  It's no secret that they have connections to the media, this list could have come from anywhere.  Did you read the blog where they related a conversation with Boris Johnson?  Clearly they are well connected.  I don't care who they are, I'm only interested in OG and the McCanns.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  paracetamol on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 5:21 am

What  a wonderful forum. Nobody obliged to write  "imo, all in my opinion"  a hundred times in every sentence.
cheers
avatar
paracetamol

Posts : 45
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Cristobell on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 8:32 am

wlbts wrote:The Mirror story really is a fine piece of journalism.  Here it is in all its full glory:

Madeleine McCann top cop quits: ''This does send a certain kind of message''

Dec 05, 2014 20:33 By David Collins

After Andy Redwood's announcement, a source close to the inquiry said: "A lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline".

The inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann suffered a blow today when the lead detective announced he is retiring.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood is leaving the Met this month in a move which has sparked fears the investigation has stalled.
A source close to the inquiry said: “The investigation has gone on for three and a half years now.
“However a lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline.
"This does send a certain kind of message.”

British officers spent eight days searching three areas of land in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz in June but they found no new evidence.
A main suspect in the new inquiry was former waiter Euclides Monteiro, who died in an accident, but he has been ruled out.
DCI Nicola Wall, who has served more than 25 years at Scotland Yard, will be put in charge of Operation Grange, which so far has cost £10million.
Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry have been informed and today thanked DCI Redwood for his “commitment” to the case.

But there has been criticism of his decision to stand down.
Senior Labour MP Michael McCann said: “There are times when public duty must override personal circumstances, and this is one of them.
"If senior officers were aware of the DCI’s retirement plans, why was he put on to this case in the first place?”
Madeleine disappeared from her holiday apartment on May 3, 2007 as her parents dined out with friends.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-top-cop-quits-4756701



I don't think the case has stalled. The politicians commenting do not know the facts of the case, they, like the majority of the public are headline skimmers who comment on news stories based on the strapline rather than the details. Senior Labour MP, Michael McCann believes he will score brownie points by showing outrage on behalf of his namesakes, clearly unaware that the majority of the public can't stand them.
avatar
Cristobell

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  canada12 on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 8:41 am

A source close to the inquiry said: “The investigation has gone on for three and a half years now.
“However a lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline.
"This does send a certain kind of message.”


Do I detect a hint of clutching at straws in "the source's" voice? The investigation can't possibly be close to a result because the lead investigator has decided to retire? O Clarence, Clarence...you knew the lead investigator was scheduled to retire, we knew the lead investigator was scheduled to retire... no good luck wishes for his successor? No optimism that the new DCI will be able to bring fresh eyes to the investigation and solve what happened to Madeleine?

Tut tut.

avatar
canada12

Posts : 1079
Join date : 2014-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 9:19 am

wlbts wrote:
hicks wrote:
In a word, yes.

That's your perogative, I believe the list is genuine and that Blacksmith wouldn't post fictional rubbish like the tabloids do.  He/they have earned my respect.

He's been right before now about future events.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 9:21 am

Cristobell wrote:
I don't think the case has stalled.  The politicians commenting do not know the facts of the case, they, like the majority of the public are headline skimmers who comment on news stories based on the strapline rather than the details.  Senior Labour MP, Michael McCann believes he will score brownie points by showing outrage on behalf of his namesakes, clearly unaware that the majority of the public can't stand them.  

I think it's wishful thinking on the part of Labour MP's and their pet rag the Daily Mirror that the case is stalled. A resolution is probably their worst nightmare.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  hicks on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 10:21 am

Dee Coy wrote:We will. And if that list is 100% accurate it'll raise a whole lot of new questions about the Bureau and who they are.

It certainly will Dee Coy.

I would like to know just how many people write for the Blacksmith Bureau. And why.

Sometimes it is good, though I find it difficult to read. Other times it's absolute rubbish.
avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  hicks on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

Resistor wrote:
wlbts wrote:
hicks wrote:
In a word, yes.

That's your perogative, I believe the list is genuine and that Blacksmith wouldn't post fictional rubbish like the tabloids do.  He/they have earned my respect.

He's been right before now about future events.

Please can you give an example Resistor?

avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Cristobell on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 10:29 am

Seicento wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
I don't think the case has stalled.  The politicians commenting do not know the facts of the case, they, like the majority of the public are headline skimmers who comment on news stories based on the strapline rather than the details.  Senior Labour MP, Michael McCann believes he will score brownie points by showing outrage on behalf of his namesakes, clearly unaware that the majority of the public can't stand them.  

I think it's wishful thinking on the part of Labour MP's and their pet rag the Daily Mirror that the case is stalled. A resolution is probably their worst nightmare.



Good point. And there are no welcomes for the new DCI on twitter. The spammers are going nuts with age progression and 'have you seen this child' tweets, I think they are trying to counter the numerous mentions of murder and death in the recent news reports by going overboard with the message Madeleine is alive. They are still using Redwood's quotes, 'parents not suspects', 'Madeleine may be alive' etc, which seems to be in complete contradiction to the course of the investigation. I have long thought the cosy relationship between the Yard and the family has been fake, that they asked the police to postpone the dig in PDL for Madeleine's birthday celebration (wtf???) was odd, if SY were McCann puppets as they would have us believe, the dig would have been arranged around McCann celebratory timetable.
avatar
Cristobell

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Guest on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:03 am

Well I'm still very positive and it certainly seems that DCI Wall gets results...and quickly as well. I see no reason that this changeover will slow down the investigation, if anything, it may speed it up, especially in light of recent reports in the media about the cost and the overwhelming opinion of the public that it has gone on long enough and is costing way too much in comparison to other missing children.

I have a personal wish that it will all come together, the Mc's losing the libel trial and promptly being arrested and charged..well I can dream

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  dogs don't lie on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:36 am

Just thinking, AR was investigating an abduction as if it happened in the UK. Maybe he's done that and has came to the conclusion that there was no abduction? Which ofcourse leaves the people responsible, hence the next stage?
IMO

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
dogs don't lie

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Scrants on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 1:23 pm

wlbts wrote:
hicks wrote:
In a word, yes.

That's your perogative, I believe the list is genuine and that Blacksmith wouldn't post fictional rubbish like the tabloids do.  He/they have earned my respect.

I believe the list is genuine too. In a previous blog Blacksmith said this "the witnesses – whom the Mirror, oddly, has still not named despite knowing their identities". So Blacksmith has now told us who they are.

Maybe he will elaborate today.
avatar
Scrants

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Andy Redwood

Post  Dee Coy on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 1:26 pm

So he did, Scrants. Interesting.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum