MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case of writer Helen Bailey

+13
Mo
Dee Coy
costello
chrissie
Mimi
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Châtelaine
froggy
Freedom
PMR
Andrew
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 2 Empty Re: The case of writer Helen Bailey

Post  froggy Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:17 pm

He does look a pretty laid back sort of guy.
It'll be interesting to see what sort of evidence the police have. I don't think they even announced how she died yet.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 2 Empty Re: The case of writer Helen Bailey

Post  Andrew Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:30 pm

froggy wrote:He does look a pretty laid back sort of guy.
It'll be interesting to see what sort of evidence the police have. I don't think they even announced how she died yet.

I'm sure the post-mortem was scheduled for today but be a while before they disclose anything I would of thought.

He might of confessed whilst under arrest I suppose.

But I suppose again all that will come out when he goes to court....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 19 Jul 2016, 12:23 am

Andrew wrote:... didn't people used to say similar things about Ted Bundy as well.

Speculation on my behalf - but she was going to leave him and he couldn't handle it. They argued. He snapped, killed her and panicked.

Prior to that he probably never even had so much as a parking ticket.  

I don`t think there`s any comparison with Ted Bundy though Andrew. Your speculation could be right and it was something that happened in the heat of the moment, like a domestic gone wrong (not like Ted Bundy who planned all his).

Reminds me of the words to Bohemian Rhapsody "Mama, just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled the trigger, he was dead" - as though life is changed for ever in a split second of rage.

Anyway I`m starting to speculate as well and shouldn`t till we know more.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 19 Jul 2016, 4:24 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 19 Jul 2016, 4:29 pm

Sort of reminds me of this case in which I watched a documentary about some time ago..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Webster_(murderer)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 19 Jul 2016, 6:19 pm

I've heard of quite a few cases like that - mainly in America - where the death of a first spouse was thought at the time to have no suspicious circumstances but then turned out to be quite the opposite when a new partner went the same way.

Of course we don't know if this will be of any relevance to this case.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 19 Jul 2016, 8:09 pm

Andrew wrote:Sort of reminds me of this case in which I watched a documentary about some time ago..

They made a tv film about Malcolm Webster's exploits. It was called "The Widower" with Reece Shearsmith. I watched it twice but never realised it could actually be based on a true story.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:27 pm

bluebell wrote:
Andrew wrote:Sort of reminds me of this case in which I watched a documentary about some time ago..

They made a tv film about Malcolm Webster's exploits.   It was called "The Widower" with Reece Shearsmith.  I watched it twice but never realised it could actually be based on a true story.  

Yes - remember watching that programme. In fact come to think of it, it may of been that and not a documentary that I saw on it. scratch

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:31 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 10 Jan 2017, 2:38 pm

Crikey, I am shocked at what is coming out here. Seems he (IStewart) drugged her for months with his sleeping pills before smothering her. The police found she'd been googling "Why do I keep falling asleep" !!

Wealthy woman it appears, so evil, evil man. imo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 10 Jan 2017, 2:51 pm

I know. It's horrific. Poor woman.

He'll never see the light of day again. And rightly so.

(well I suppose he will from the prison yard, but you get my point)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 10 Jan 2017, 5:14 pm

And since he is pleading not guilty to all charges all the dreadful details are going to come out. I'll be interested in his Defence.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 10 Jan 2017, 6:06 pm

He told police that Joe and Nick 'did it' according to an earlier report I read on Sky...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:02 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 11 Jan 2017, 1:15 pm

Thanks Andrew. Very interesting reading about the analysis of the hair samples.....
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:41 pm

chrissie wrote:Thanks Andrew. Very interesting reading about the analysis of the hair samples.....

That's what I thought chrissie. Do we know if they still have some hair samples from PdL....? There was some talk of them being destroyed, then of GA (Portuguese police) still having hold of these.
Such advances being made in these areas.

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:48 pm

bluebell wrote:
chrissie wrote:Thanks Andrew. Very interesting reading about the analysis of the hair samples.....

That's what I thought chrissie.  Do we know if they still have some hair samples from PdL....?   There was some talk of them being destroyed, then of GA  (Portuguese police) still having hold of these.    

Not sure bluebell, I heard they had been destroyed. It just reminded me of G mentioning the haircuts in his blog!
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 11 Jan 2017, 5:41 pm

chrissie wrote:
bluebell wrote:

That's what I thought chrissie.  Do we know if they still have some hair samples from PdL....?   There was some talk of them being destroyed, then of GA  (Portuguese police) still having hold of these.    

Not sure bluebell, I heard they had been destroyed.  It just reminded me of G mentioning the haircuts in his blog!

Anyone else remember this? So long ago but I thought some hair samples had been kept? Hoping for advancement in forensics even though there weren't roots to the hairs?
Am I quite mixed up here?

Back to top Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 2 Empty Re:Missing Author Helen Bailey

Post  costello Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm

bluebell wrote:
chrissie wrote:
bluebell wrote:

Not sure bluebell, I heard they had been destroyed.  It just reminded me of G mentioning the haircuts in his blog!

Anyone else remember this?    So long ago but I thought some hair samples had been kept?   Hoping for advancement in forensics even though there weren't roots to the hairs?    

The hair samples are being stored in the University in Coimbra (Portugal) bluebell, this has been mentioned by Adiren. I'm sure I posted a while ago.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/528865/Madeleine-McCann-human-hairs-hunt-Portugal

Last edited by costello on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:08 pm

costello wrote:
bluebell wrote:
chrissie wrote:
bluebell wrote:

Anyone else remember this?    So long ago but I thought some hair samples had been kept?   Hoping for advancement in forensics even though there weren't roots to the hairs?    

The hair samples are being stored in the University in Coimbra (Portugal) bluebell, this has been mentioned by Adiren. I'm sure I posted a while ago.

Sorry costello time's winged chariot et al, I forgot, thank you for the reminder. Reassuring to know they have been kept.

Back to top Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 2 Empty Re:Missing Author Helen Bailey.

Post  costello Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:24 pm

@ bluebell

Apologies our posts crossed, I have now inserted a link in my above post.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 Jan 2017, 9:03 am

Just catching up - interesting stuff re: hair analysis on this case and the drugs etc.

No wonder why Gerry had to sod off back to Rothley and collect an old strand of hair.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 12 Jan 2017, 9:20 am

Andrew wrote:Just catching up - interesting stuff re: hair analysis on this case and the drugs etc.

No wonder why Gerry had to sod off back to Rothley and collect an old strand of hair.

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 12 Jan 2017, 11:54 am

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DAYS_1_to_50.htm

Just on the notorious twins haircut reference in the blog, this was made by GM on Day 23, 26 May. This was only 3 weeks after the disappearance, so cutting hair at this point would not have removed any drug traces in the hair shaft as these would still be very close to the scalp.

How long was the twins' hair that summer? About 2-3 inches? A child's hair grows at about a quarter of an inch per month. That's a good 8 months before any drug traces would reach the end of the hair.

So unless they were shaved that summer, which they weren't (see airport pictures of them returning home), any traces that existed would still be in the hair at September 2007.

Of course, this doesn't matter as long as the hairs were not tested. I am sure the McCanns would have taken great steps to avoid this (one of the reasons for the flight home?). Do we know if any of the hairs recovered were from the twins?

Do we know of any haircuts late on in the holiday or after they returned home?

Either way, the haircuts mentioned in the blog are irrelevant to this issue - far too early. So why mention them? I'm certain there would have been another, alternative but valid, reason. It's just too much of a random thing to say.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next