MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case of writer Helen Bailey

+13
Mo
Dee Coy
costello
chrissie
Mimi
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Châtelaine
froggy
Freedom
PMR
Andrew
17 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 4 Empty Re: The case of writer Helen Bailey

Post  chrissie Wed 01 Feb 2017, 11:56 am

chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 4 Empty Re: The case of writer Helen Bailey

Post  Andrew Wed 01 Feb 2017, 5:11 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 06 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 06 Feb 2017, 10:57 pm

Following this trial myself and just in case anyone else is interested the accused Ian Stewart is due to take the stand tomorrow.
There have been some days of delays though during the trial, so nothing is ever confirmed till the morning.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:04 pm

I'm following it Bluebell it's most interesting. I'm still not sure where he found the strength to put her and the dog down the cesspit following his op. Just thinking he must have had some help, but who? it seems the witnesses weren't taken in by him especially those today.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:15 pm

Yes Mo, those mental health professionals (that he self-referred himself to !) seemed to get the measure of him quickly enough didn't they?
The dog alerting to cadaver on trousers in his bedroom, kitchen bench and on cleaning bucket are the clincher for me - good job Gerry isn't on the jury 'cos he knows how unreliable the dogs are though Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:25 pm

Bluebell where are you following it? I've been following Cambridgeshire News there was nothing about the dogs written or about the cleaner the other day. Tut! feel I've missed half of it. Anyway the thing is, he was always going to go on holday.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:28 pm

I can't remember reading about where the Cadaver dogs alerted too either.... scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:30 pm

I tell a lie Andrew the other day the Police mentioned brining the dogs in but only mention the garage and around the cesspit.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:32 pm

I'm following it here. Should be a new thread starting shortly. Most of the live updates from the court are copied to the thread, plus a lot of relevant info from posters.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?328520-UK-TRIAL-Helen-Bailey-51-Royston-11-April-2016-4/page33

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:35 pm

Thanks Bluebell I'll have a quick gander and catch up tomorrow flower
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:41 pm

Here's the bit about the dogs I was referring to.   28th January (I think)

"Mr Polley said the dog, trained to assist in the recovery of deceased victims, ‘indicated’ at a bucket of cleaning materials in the utility room, as well as a bench in the kitchen dining area and a pair of trousers in the main bedroom."

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news...ailey-12518246

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm

I get a 'sorry - page can't be requested' on that link.....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:50 pm

Andrew wrote:I get a 'sorry - page can't be requested' on that link.....

Sorry Andrew, it was from the live court update tweets, so maybe that's why ?. It was reported though promise you.

In fact I think that when the dog handler was about to give evidence he asked the Judge if he should bring his dog into court Razz
The Judge said better leave the dog in your car. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 06 Feb 2017, 11:55 pm

Very Happy

Of course I believe you, I was just intrigued to read up on the cadaver alerts and the handler's responses.

I just had a quick search but couldn't find anything at all about it.

Maybe Gerry McCann has had a word and told them not to print any of the cadaver dog stuff in the MSM Shocked
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 07 Feb 2017, 12:07 am

I did quick search and couldnt find a thing......a webslueths link interested me and lo and behold......

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/fianc-royston-author-helen-bailey-12518246

You lost some of link i think!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Feb 2017, 12:13 am

Nice one, Bampots. Good find:

Snipped:

Jurors also heard from Steven Polley, a dog handler for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, who searched the author’s home with a police dog on April 22.

Mr Polley said the dog, trained to assist in the recovery of deceased victims, ‘indicated’ at a bucket of cleaning materials in the utility room, as well as a bench in the kitchen dining area and a pair of trousers in the main bedroom.

He added that if Ms Bailey’s body was in the cesspit at the time of the search, it was unlikely the dog would have smelt this due to “the amount of excrement, urine and other material in it”.

He said there was no indication at all from the dog around the cesspit, but reiterated that there would have to be ‘residue’ from Ms Bailey’s body for the dog to pick up a scent.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 07 Feb 2017, 1:33 pm

Live updates

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12566970

It seems there may have been some problems with one of the sons. Not had time to read it all properly as am at work.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 09 Feb 2017, 11:03 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:27 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:22 pm

I don't know how anyone could be precise about the time and day when they saw someone - presumably recalled months afterwards - unless there was something really significant or unusual about the event.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:57 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next