MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case of writer Helen Bailey

+13
Mo
Dee Coy
costello
chrissie
Mimi
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Châtelaine
froggy
Freedom
PMR
Andrew
17 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 3 Empty Re: The case of writer Helen Bailey

Post  Dee Coy Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:01 pm

Andrew wrote:Just catching up - interesting stuff re: hair analysis on this case and the drugs etc.

No wonder why Gerry had to sod off back to Rothley and collect an old strand of hair.

Spot on. Bet this was one of the a avoidance tactics employed to prevent the testing of the twins' hair that summer - provide an alternative and pretend it's freshly plucked?

Makes you wonder about all this talk about GM having to return home for a hair sample as a sample of Madeleine's DNA. Why the need, when there would have been loads of samples with them on the holiday? This has always been a mystery which has led to speculation that she was either never there or there only for a short time.

Would a more logical explanation simply be that he wasn't there to collect Madeleines's hair at all, instead he was collecting 'clean' hairs from the twins from prior to the holiday?

Back to top Go down

The case of writer Helen Bailey - Page 3 Empty Re: The case of writer Helen Bailey

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:13 pm

Dee Coy wrote:http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DAYS_1_to_50.htm

Just on the notorious twins haircut reference in the blog, this was made by GM on Day 23, 26 May. This was only 3 weeks after the disappearance, so cutting hair at this point would not have removed any drug traces in the hair shaft as these would still be very close to the scalp.

How long was the twins' hair that summer? About 2-3 inches? A child's hair grows at about a quarter of an inch per month. That's a good 8 months before any drug traces would reach the end of the hair.

So unless they were shaved that summer, which they weren't (see airport pictures of them returning home), any traces that existed would still be in the hair at September 2007.

Of course, this doesn't matter as long as the hairs were not tested. I am sure the McCanns would have taken great steps to avoid this (one of the reasons for the flight home?). Do we know if any of the hairs recovered were from the twins?

Do we know of any haircuts late on in the holiday or after they returned home?

Either way, the haircuts mentioned in the blog are irrelevant to this issue - far too early. So why mention them? I'm certain there would have been another, alternative but valid, reason. It's just too much of a random thing to say.

Thoughts?

The only thing I can think of is this. If the LP was taken just before the release date of the photo, would A's hair have given the game away if they didn't have it cut? G doesn't say what date the haircut happened but could have been a few days before he wrote in his blog.
Not very likely but as you say, why mention it?

ETA. This is going round in my head and I can't quite get over what I'm trying to say. Maybe it could be something to do with the length of A's hair whenever the shot of her at the pool was taken.

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm

Of course, the most important hair recovered was that from the Renault Scenic boot - the rootless one that couldn't be used as technology then didn't allow DNA analysis without the root. I'm certain GA said in an interview that that technology did exist and they did indeed still have the hair.

But I've seen nothing about any further testing of this precious sample. Wonder if they have done this in secret yet? If this was Madeleine's - present in a car hired 25 days after she had disappeared - found where the dogs alerted to cadaverine and blood be the conclusive evidence needed? Or would they find 'another' explanation?

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:19 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Andrew wrote:Just catching up - interesting stuff re: hair analysis on this case and the drugs etc.

No wonder why Gerry had to sod off back to Rothley and collect an old strand of hair.

Spot on.  Bet this was one of the a avoidance tactics employed to prevent the testing of the twins' hair that summer - provide an alternative and pretend it's freshly plucked?

Makes you wonder about all this talk about GM having to return home for a hair sample as a sample of Madeleine's DNA. Why the need, when there would have been loads of samples with them on the holiday? This has always been a mystery which has led to speculation that she was either never there or there only for a short time.

Would a more logical explanation simply be that he wasn't there to collect Madeleines's hair at all, instead he was collecting 'clean' hairs from the twins from prior to the holiday?
 I was under the impression the trip home for a pillowcase was for a control sample of M's dna. I understood it was because it would have her saliva on it.
The mention of hair and eyelash was supposed to have been taken from her pillow ( not pillowcase)  at a later date which I dusputed the other day. Will go check.  Mods I think we have posted this on wrong thread. ETA Jyst to keep this altogether before it's moved, the eyelashes on the pillow were referenced on the Danie Krugel thread.

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ask mods to move, add info)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:31 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DAYS_1_to_50.htm

Just on the notorious twins haircut reference in the blog, this was made by GM on Day 23, 26 May. This was only 3 weeks after the disappearance, so cutting hair at this point would not have removed any drug traces in the hair shaft as these would still be very close to the scalp.

How long was the twins' hair that summer? About 2-3 inches? A child's hair grows at about a quarter of an inch per month. That's a good 8 months before any drug traces would reach the end of the hair.

So unless they were shaved that summer, which they weren't (see airport pictures of them returning home), any traces that existed would still be in the hair at September 2007.

Of course, this doesn't matter as long as the hairs were not tested. I am sure the McCanns would have taken great steps to avoid this (one of the reasons for the flight home?). Do we know if any of the hairs recovered were from the twins?

Do we know of any haircuts late on in the holiday or after they returned home?

Either way, the haircuts mentioned in the blog are irrelevant to this issue - far too early. So why mention them? I'm certain there would have been another, alternative but valid, reason. It's just too much of a random thing to say.

Thoughts?

The only thing I can think of is this. If the LP was taken just before the release date of the photo, would A's hair have given the game away if they didn't have it cut? G doesn't say what date the haircut happened but could have been a few days before he wrote in his blog.
Not very likely but as you say, why mention it?

ETA. This is going round in my head and I can't quite get over what I'm trying to say. Maybe it could be something to do with the length of A's hair whenever the shot of her at the pool was taken.

I get you Chirpy and you could well have it!

TLP was released 24 May, ostensibly taken on 3 May.

Gerry mentioned the haircut 26 May.

That means that the actual appearance of Amalie's hair in real life on 26 May is not conducive with how it 'officially' looked on 3 May.

I.e., it was significantly shorter on 26 May than it should have been if the LP was indeed taken on 3rd May.

Hmm.

Do we have pictures of the twins on the holiday prior to M's disappearance? How long actually was Amelie's hair on that holiday? Shorter than on TLP?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 12 Jan 2017, 2:45 pm

It's not possible at the moment to transfer any posts out due to an ongoing Forumotion problem.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 16 Jan 2017, 1:00 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 17 Jan 2017, 1:09 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 19 Jan 2017, 3:44 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 19 Jan 2017, 4:19 pm

Don't have any sympathy at all, but if he thinks he can somehow stop the case going ahead without him, I believe he is wrong.

Is it a coincidence that he became ill on the day her poor mother was to give evidence, I wonder. ?

I had read from someone who was in court that his demeanour has been looking decidedly strange during the trial. Apparently he appears confused, stares into space, doesn't seem 'with it' at all. Probably unlikely he was ever going to take the stand anyway.

Feel especially sad for the family, especially Helen's mother, having all this dragged out it must be a great strain for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 19 Jan 2017, 4:27 pm

He's going to try every trick in the book.

I know it's not a laughing matter and terribly sad but he reminded me of this scene from Blackadder:

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:54 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 23 Jan 2017, 10:03 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 23 Jan 2017, 12:04 pm

chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Mon 23 Jan 2017, 12:17 pm

I'm following this case and find it hard to believe he could have put Helen and her dog Boris down the cesspit following his operation. The only thing I can think of at the moment is if he did it, then he had help. There is also the drug found in her body (can't remember the name). Will have to go back to see what the sons were doing.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 23 Jan 2017, 12:45 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:43 pm

Horrendous what happened to this poor woman, after losing her first husband who drowned in Barbados...  Has anyone read the book she wrote about this?  I bought it ages ago on Amazon, it has rave reviews, very sad and funny too, but have not had chance to read it yet, plus my eyes are very bad these days.

This is the book, have a look at the reviews on Amazon.....

When Bad Things Happen in Good Bikinis  - by Helen Bailey

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 Jan 2017, 11:01 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 27 Jan 2017, 10:37 am

chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 27 Jan 2017, 5:33 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 31 Jan 2017, 2:54 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4176190/Helen-Bailey-accused-stood-inherit-millions.html

Helen Bailey's partner accused of murdering the children's author 'was main beneficiary of her £3.3m fortune including two homes'

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next