MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Ben Needham

+33
chilli
Andrew
TheTruthWillOut
unreorganised
dandaar
joyce1938
Heisenburg
froggy
chrissie
Inca
poster
Popcorn
Satsuma
chirpyinsect
seahorse
Hellsbells
Magnum
crabbit
Bampots
Mimi
Ixta
Châtelaine
Dee Coy
Anne
costello
dogs don't lie
Lioned
bluebell
Thetruth
poppyfox
Tristar
candyfloss
Freedom
37 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 36 Empty Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 8:10 am

Duncan Wood ‏@duncanwooditv 4m
Police say more than 70 exhibits now found in search for #BenNeedham and are in talks with #kos prosecutor to remove some from island
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 36 Empty Re:The Mystery if Ben Needham.

Post  costello Thu 13 Oct 2016, 8:45 am

Hope wrote:I have more info and thoughts but don't know if it's worth typing as I don't know if members are interested or not.

I am interested Hope. I just can't understand any of the latest developments and I am trying hard not to be cynical.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 13 Oct 2016, 9:13 am

Andrew wrote:Duncan Wood ‏@duncanwooditv  4m
Police say more than 70 exhibits now found in search for #BenNeedham and are in talks with #kos prosecutor to remove some from island

Interesting - was this sort of protocol followed in the McCann case?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

unreorganised wrote:

Am I being thick here, but why would they need to get the ok from a prosecutor...? scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 9:44 am

prosecutor
ˈprɒsɪkjuːtə/Submit
noun
a person, especially a public official, who institutes legal proceedings against someone.
"prosecutors are fully entitled to bring any number of offences against a single defendant"

a barrister or other lawyer who conducts the case against a defendant in a criminal court.
"the prosecutor rose to give the opening address"
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 9:44 am

In 2012 Kerry revisited the farmhouse (during the police dig). She says in her book that nothing had changed to the farmhouse since Ben disappeared.

"To this day there has been no work on it since Ben's disappearance although, weirdly, a new cottage was built adjoining it. Whatever the reason, it died with Michaelis."

But it has had changes. The outside was rendered. A roof was added. A family even lived in it.
Also, Eddie, laid the foundations for the extension (cottage????), so it can't have been a surprise.

Also Eddie was present to point out changes to the SYP (as he's been doing again now). They would have liked Michaelis Kypreos to be present as well, but unfortunately he died 2 weeks prior.

A Michael Kypreos died on 17th October 2012 in Williamstown, Hobsons Bay City, Victoria, Australia

http://search.ancestry.com.au/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_phsrc=ChY1&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true&gsln=Kypreos&gsln_x=XO&gss=angs-c&rank=1&uidh=000&pcat=BMD_DEATH&h=1929582&db=FindAGraveAustralia&indiv=1&ml_rpos=8

seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 13 Oct 2016, 9:55 am

Andrew wrote:
unreorganised wrote:

Am I being thick here, but why would they need to get the ok from a prosecutor...? scratch

Probably just poor wording. I assume it just means it is still a Kos police case and if the UK police want take anything back they have to get permission to do so.

Watching the day 18 briefing and it is bothering me that Duncan keeps repeating that Dino Barkas is implicated in this because this second site is where he brought his spoil.

1, They haven't found a thing after removing and sifting through 800 tonnes of rubble
2, They haven't indicated that anything has later been removed from the rubble. For example finding older dated material on top of newer.

I really wish someone would ask Duncan about the contradictions in Kerry's book like the info of work stopping at the building site before they had lunch/Ben went missing. Or whether any other adults could have borrowed and used the digger at any point? Also Duncan keeps comparing the digger being used at the site today with Dino's but aren't they really quite different? Dino's had tracks rather than wheels and was more a Caterpillar. My question about the digger would be have they tested the tracks for blood/DNA even after all these years? Surely worth a shot?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:35 am

I would of thought that with Duncan being very close to all this and been involved in it for some time, then he would be fully aware (as are the Police) of the inconsistencies and contradictions that have been said.

I can't remember exactly what Dino's digger looked like and whether they've shown either the original or a replica version in all the recent coverage.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:48 am

seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 13 Oct 2016, 11:50 am

Yes seahorse that is a least one of his diggers. The name on the side seems to translate as BARKAS O.E using Google translate. I wonder if we could find that digger somewhere on Google street view?

My issue (maybe OCD?) with how Duncan Wood has described things is that the digger being used now at the site looks "very similar" to Dino's and it just doesn't. It would be like showing a Mini and a F1 car and claiming they look similar. Also he has said in one report that on the farmhouse site they found tyre marks. As can be seen in the picture you posted Dino's digger has tracks not wheels/tyres.

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:06 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Yes seahorse that is a least one of his diggers. The name on the side seems to translate as BARKAS O.E using Google translate. I wonder if we could find that digger somewhere on Google street view?

My issue (maybe OCD?) with how Duncan Wood has described things is that the digger being used now at the site looks "very similar" to Dino's and it just doesn't. It would be like showing a Mini and a F1 car and claiming they look similar. Also he has said in one report that on the farmhouse site they found tyre marks. As can be seen in the picture you posted Dino's digger has tracks not wheels/tyres.

From the above Mirror article:

The Mirror found what is believed to be the digger Dino was driving on the day Ben vanished.

We discovered it in a village just seven miles from the spot. The rusting machine still clearly has the “Barkas” name painted – in Greek – on the side.

Police are investigating whether it is the one that may have been involved in Ben’s tragic disappearance.

They know that one is still in operation on the island.

Officers have already examined one machine in recent months.

The 952 Liebherr model was ­manufactured by a Swiss-based firm between 1989 and 1993.

Not sure if it's the same digger, though the Mirror seems to think so. Has there been any news on it being investigated by the police?

I agree though, if it's the same digger, they should say tracks, not tyre marks.
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm

I vaguely remember hearing or reading something about SYP being aware of where the actual digger was but can't remember where I saw that. The name on the side does seem to indicate it was/is one of his company diggers, though.

Those tracks, even after all this time, could hold tiny specks of evidence if Ben was hit by it. I can only assume SYP have done tests on it.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:32 pm

Mark Witty ‏@markwittyitv 26m26 minutes ago
Kos day 18 - back at site 2 for interview with new anthropologist Gaille Mackinnon while excavation continues @itvcalendar
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

http://www.alectoforensics.com/whoweare.html

A bit about Gailee (if you were wondering who she was like me)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:54 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:49 pm

Damn I am only just up, I did nt go to bed til 6 am, injection has worn off, pain crazy from typing yday. I wanted to ask Duncan about work being stopped for day, typical, I sat all yday with Calandar FB page checking in case he was live.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:10 pm

The irony of Duncan berating an impatient local driving onto the dig site when he himself was walking freely all over it.Suspect

Right at the end he talks about his conversation with the new anthropologist and again the reiteration of confidence in getting answers or finding something and that they have a plan and it isn't that they are looking for a needle in a haystack. So we have this confidence and that they have specific information from a witness which I take as someone there that day/involved directly in moving rubble. That can only now be one of 7 people with 2 that have died (I read at the Mirror that Dino was working with 3 others that day).

The confidence from every member of the SYP team seems misplaced given what we've seen so far. I really do wonder if evidence has been found elsewhere before these digs and they are clearing these two sites now so nobody can counter with a claim these sites weren't searched i.e. covering all bases?

I just don't know what to think at the minute. If it all ends with a SYP theory of what might/they believe happened that would be shocking to have put Kerry through all this.Crying or Very sad
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:53 pm

Maybe they have found something but couldn't/wouldn't make it public before intense detailed forensic examination back in the UK?

It may not be much, but evidence enough to have convinced them these digs have to continue.   (I'm thinking bone fragments here)

....Could this be why they have prepared Kerry for the worst?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:20 pm

Didn't have chance to watch that update earlier when I posted it. Just watched it now. It's a long one. Well longer than usual.

You do wonder whether SYP have put too many eggs in this 'specific information' basket. Everything that's being done is on the back of one person's say so. Or at least that is what they want us to believe.

This specific intelligence though can't be that specific as after 18 days they've come up empty handed. Or again that is what they want us to believe at this moment in time.

I don't know. It's a strange one scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:17 pm

Here's a picture posted in the Greek media in May this year that I haven't seen before, with the extension:

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 36 610

Just for comparison with the picture without extension:

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 36 Extens11

The tree looks very similar in both, but could be very slow growing, so don't know when the 2nd pic was taken.
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

Comparing that picture to the Lost Boy Cutting Edge doc from 1996? it looks like that new Greek media picture is from before then but after 1992 when the extension was completed?

Weird that an extension was added and completed before completing the main house (Greek media pic) which doesn't look much further along than the 1991 Sun pic.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:27 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Comparing that picture to the Lost Boy Cutting Edge doc from 1996? it looks like that new Greek media picture is from before then but after 1992 when the extension was completed?

Weird that an extension was added and completed before completing the main house (Greek media pic) which doesn't look much further along than the 1991 Sun pic.

That's what Kerry thought too in her book (her visit in 2012):

"To this day there has been no work on it since Ben's disappearance although, weirdly, a new cottage was built adjoining it. Whatever the reason, it died with Michaelis."

Last edited by seahorse on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:35 pm

There's an update at 6 with Duncan chatting to this Gaille woman. Not sure of it's on the actual news or the FB thingy.

I'm out but would appreciate it if anyone who watches it could post the gist of it on here.

Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 13 Oct 2016, 7:22 pm

Did nobody watch it then....

Or was it not on...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down