MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 19 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  Hellsbells Wed 07 Oct 2015, 2:37 pm

yes and innocent people do that as well as guilty ones of course. The right to silence is (in England, dont know if it's the same in Pt) partly to prevent the innocent from incriminating themselves by being backed into a corner with awkward questions that produce inconsistent answers.
the real problem is that we don't know the atmosphere in which the interviews were conducted. I'm imagining myself as an innocent person in this situation. If it was a friendly chat in a comfy armchair with a cup of tea and some biscuits, and I thought the PJ didn't regard me as a suspect, I might be inclined to answer the questions. But if I was surrounded by grisly looking cops, snarling at me and bashing their fists on the table, I would definitely clam up.
HOWEVER given the results of the dog searches and the way things were developing in general I suppose they might have just guessed which direction the PJ investigation was about to take.
whatever, there are far more tangible things than the 48 questions saga that indicate something isn't right.
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Wed 07 Oct 2015, 2:43 pm

If I recall correctly, it was sufficiently relaxed for Kate to send texts to her PR woman Justine McGuinness from the police station.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 9:53 am

Cristobell wrote:
Hellsbells wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:
pennylane wrote:I am against doorstepping, however, Kate McCann has never explained why she did not answer the 48 questions at such a crucial time, immediately following her child's alleged abduction.
Well said pennylane, totally agree.

regarding the 48 questions, I have never thought this to be an indicator of guilt. If I were an innocent person who was outraged at having been arrested and interrogated in that way, I would be very inclined to put up the shutters too. So for me it says nothing (but other things are more interesting)

An innocent person would be eager to get themselves eliminated I think.  The sooner the police eliminate those closest to the child, the sooner they can concentrate on finding her.  In not answering the questions, Kate was holding up the investigation, something an innocent person would never do if they knew their child's life were at stake.  

The Portuguese police had to shelve the case because Kate, well all of them, refused to co-operate.  When they did so, it was because they were not looking for anyone else.  If there was an abductor on the loose, the case would have remained open.  Whatever way you look at it, Kate scuppered the investigation by not answering the questions.  

Morning Cristobel,

Yes Kate most definitely scuppered the case, as did the Home Office by not turning over the requested basic background information on the McCanns.  Information that is urgently required for any investigation into a missing child to move forward with haste.  

One could be forgiven for thinking they were working in tandem!

Last edited by pennylane on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:03 am

pennylane wrote: Morning Cristobel,

Yes Kate most definitely scuppered the case, as did the Home Office by not turning over the requested basic background information on the McCanns.  Information that is urgently required for any investigation into a missing child to move forward with haste.  

One could be forgive for thinking they were working in tandem!

And top of the morning to you Pennylane  Smile  

I think you have hit the nail on the head Pennylane, the real reason why this case has dragged on for 8 years and the reason why no-one has (yet) been prosecuted!
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:15 am

Cristobell wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
Hellsbells wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:
pennylane wrote:I am against doorstepping, however, Kate McCann has never explained why she did not answer the 48 questions at such a crucial time, immediately following her child's alleged abduction.
Well said pennylane, totally agree.

regarding the 48 questions, I have never thought this to be an indicator of guilt. If I were an innocent person who was outraged at having been arrested and interrogated in that way, I would be very inclined to put up the shutters too. So for me it says nothing (but other things are more interesting)

An innocent person would be eager to get themselves eliminated I think.  The sooner the police eliminate those closest to the child, the sooner they can concentrate on finding her.  In not answering the questions, Kate was holding up the investigation, something an innocent person would never do if they knew their child's life were at stake.  

The Portuguese police had to shelve the case because Kate, well all of them, refused to co-operate.  When they did so, it was because they were not looking for anyone else.  If there was an abductor on the loose, the case would have remained open.  Whatever way you look at it, Kate scuppered the investigation by not answering the questions.  

Morning Cristobel,

One could be forgiven for thinking they were working in tandem!

And top of the morning to you Pennylane  Smile  

I think you have hit the nail on the head Pennylane, the real reason why this case has dragged on for 8 years and the reason why no-one has (yet) been prosecuted!

flower

.... and it's far too late now I fear.  Having watched this outrageous crime unfold from the beginning, I trust nobody in authority in the UK to do the right thing for Madeleine.  I know you may have a different take, but I'm convinced we will not see justice, only more despair and frustration.

Last edited by pennylane on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quotes wrong)
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:20 am

Poe wrote:
Hellsbells wrote:and most parents would presumably say yes to (eg) this one so what was the point of asking it if it wasn't an attempt to incriminate?

40. Is it true that sometimes you despaired with your children’s behaviour

The incriminating answer to that question is no.

Of course it is! Toddlers can reduce grown men and women to blubbering heaps who will plead, bargain and eventually give in to the mini tyrants who have taken over their lives. Babies are quick to learn that if they scream loudly and make a scene, they generally get what they want, lol. I can now look back and laugh my head off, but when you have toddlers, your life becomes a war zone. And when you have more than 2, you are outnumbered!
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:38 am

so what do you think the PJ were driving at when they asked that pointless question?
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:49 am

Hellsbells wrote:so what do you think the PJ were driving at when they asked that pointless question?

Statistically it's most likely to be the mother that lost control and a catastrophe occurred.  I think it's a standard question to ask a mother of 3 toddlers, when one has disappeared, to see how she reacts and what she will say.
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:53 am

That nagging fear has never gone from the back of my mind Pennylane, it would be true to say this bleddy case knocked my world sideways.  I was educated enough to know that things were not quite as they seemed, but I ultimately believed that OUR (British) government etc, were a cut above the rest in the old pride of Britain sense.  I believed in those old wartime British values, that 'I say old chap, that's just not cricket' sense of justice and fair play.  This case has been a terrible eye opener, I now know why it is being done and how it is being done, but I cannot say it out loud, no-one can, though all the clues are there.  

In the 1960's powerful people and politicians were corruptible if they were homosexual.  It was against the Law, an affront to public morality.  Gay men and women lived in fear of being named and shamed in the tabloids.  Of course their 'crimes' harmed no-one, and as a society we have now grown up enough to know that love whether it be a man for a woman or a man for man, is something we should cherish not despise.  And that what goes on between consenting adults is no-one's business but their own.  

This century's witches are paedophiles, or more accurately, people who are accused of being paedophiles.  It is the most heinous crime, bar none.  And I understand it, even as a pacifist, I feel my fists clench when I see the smirking face of Soham Killer Ian Huntley.  He incites fury in me that feels as if it is beyond my control.  I feel the same sort of anger towards anyone who would abuse the vulnerable, be they young or old.  

One of the unfortunate byproducts of social media, is that it provides the means for ANYONE to be accused of having underage images of naked or semi naked pictures of children on their computers.  If a man wanders onto a beach with a camera he is more liable to be lynched than a man with a semi automatic!  And if you want to film your 5 year old dressed up as an angel and pulling faces in the school play, forget it!  The local group of Jim Gamble's people's army, will have you face down on the concrete while someone throws a rope over a tree.  

Apologies, this stuff does vex me at time Sad
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 11:42 am

I understand your feelings of frustration and I agree with your post.  Although I'm not sure there's an innocent answer for having a mountain of pictures of naked and semi dressed children downloaded on one's computer.  That's not the same as some cute family pictures.

Personally I have never trusted the British Establishment. I used to walk out of 'the pictures' as a child when God Save the Queen came on, to a round of horrified faces and shocked gasps (lol).  

The Profumo affair was a prime example of what our politicians and Princess Margaret got up to even back then, and the alleged suicide of Dr Stephen Ward (which I never believed).  Anyway off topic, but I don't think anything has changed.
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 08 Oct 2015, 11:59 am

Completely agree, pennylane. I never used to stand for the National Anthem either. Not because I'm unpatriotic - I love my country. But I despise and distrust those who run and rule it, and I'm not necessarily talking about government.  I mean the corrupt Old Boy Establishment that sits above government that ensures the power and money remain select. This also means the vile behaviours that are sometimes prevalent amongst some of those at the top are also covered up and protected.

Anyone see the Panorama programme on Monday about the VIP paedophile rings? It's the start of the backtrack, folks, it's plain where the uncovering of that scandal will lead now. Nowhere. I fear the same for this case. Someone important has some sort of connection to it which can't be revealed.  What that connection is we may never know. But I think this is the reason the McCanns remain secure in the knowledge they are safe. Secure enough to continue to appear as ambassadors and do bicycle rides. I'm certain they hold the knowledge of reassurance.

All my own opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 08 Oct 2015, 12:09 pm

They don't look or act very reassured to me. I would (personally) say the complete opposite.

They continue with the ambassador / cycle stuff, as they have no option but to keep up the charade.

And if there was someone of great importance being protected then the whole thing would be a non-starter. No review / investigation, no nothing.

And we certainly wouldn't be hearing or reading anything 'McCann' related.

Nope, they're on their own, apart from a few that are complicit in the farce.

Imo etc.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 08 Oct 2015, 12:42 pm

I agree Andrew, IMO, they seem more worried now than Sept07.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 08 Oct 2015, 1:31 pm

I just get the impression there is so much panicking behind the scenes.

It's as if they know they haven't got long left. At all.

Imo.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 1:37 pm

I have a different take.

The crime they committed happened abroad, and the British Establishment was caught off guard as a result.  It's clear the HO did everything to promote the McCanns and hamstring the investigation. Worse still for the HO/McCanns, they had absolutely no idea what undisclosed evidence the PJ had and tried many times to get access to it.  Which (imo) is why Operation Grange was launched, and all the endless efforts to obtain a joint investigation put forth.  

Look at what Goncalo Amaral said about Stuart Prior.  Firstly he was all on their side saying 'people have been arrested with less evidence in the UK,' and then he suddenly changed direction 100%!  The PJ were also suspicious of the delving questions he began asking them.  This all happened alongside the Birmingham FSS doing a monumental U turn too. The UK has been playing catch up from the get go, and I'm afraid they have failed to clean the dirt off the gruesome twosome in spite of their best efforts.
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 08 Oct 2015, 2:11 pm

I agree once more, pennylane. I've always purported OG was set up to infil join with the PJ investigation and establish what they had. This would, of course, explain why it continues to run and run regardless of spend and (non) outcome. The last we heard was the attempt to wrestle the retained forensic evidence that was to be re-examined away from the Portuguese and the European labs and back to England for testing, despite what happened the first time. Wonder what became of the retests?

Let's not forget that Goncalo and his team "solved" the case within four months and had their arguidos in for questioning by the September. They considered this tardy, as well, berating themselves for not focussing on the parents immediately. So what has taken OG four years and counting and still nada?

I reckon the extra £2M granted is because the Portuguese continue. I wonder if OG continue to bang with squashed faces against the window or if the window has been opened. Is the Wall of Silence encouraging or not?

I do have a question, pennylane. Why do you think the HO gave and continue to give such assistance? Is it mere embarassment at being initially wrong in trusting the McCann story or is there something more nefarious at the heart of this?

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 2:37 pm

Spot on post that I totally agree with!   Yes I too wonder if OG detectives are still squashed up against the window or not Suspect   And the million dollar question.... for which I believe there has to be something more nefarious at the heart.  The failure to turn over credit cards and bank statements (imo) could be due to a link to someone/something that the British Govt did not want divulged. But honestly I really don't know who or what that could be.
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 08 Oct 2015, 2:40 pm

The silence from NW is actually encouraging to me, the way it should be. I really can't see how this can be covered up and forgotten, if that was the case, that would've been done years ago. Anyhow, Portugal are still going and have more files that weren't released. Didn't Portugal say they couldn't hand over the forensics?
May be wrong but just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 2:59 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:The silence from NW is actually encouraging to me, the way it should be. I really can't see how this can be covered up and forgotten, if that was the case, that would've been done years ago. Anyhow, Portugal are still going and have more files that weren't released. Didn't Portugal say they couldn't hand over the forensics?

But how could they have covered it up years ago.  The crime didn't happen in this country, and the horse bolted immediately! The HO gave it their best efforts to call this 'a stranger abduction,' but it hasn't and will not work!  

You are right it can't be covered up or forgotten, and I think that has dawned on them all now, hence the green around the gills demeanor of the parents, and the floundering Operation Grange investigation!  They've failed to pull this one off, and no amount of them telling the public 'a burglar did it,' or 'the McCanns are innocent,' is going to shift the focus away from the parents (imo).   And then there's Goncalo Amaral, who is still standing and gaining support by the hour.  They never saw that one coming!!!

The McCanns heady days of lucrative donations and insults re the 'sardine munching, disgraced policemen' are over........ it's only the McCanns who the majority distrusts now.

Last edited by pennylane on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 08 Oct 2015, 3:03 pm

The DM are now allowing comments through from people saying that the McCanns know more than what they're letting on about.

That wouldn't have happened a year or two ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 08 Oct 2015, 3:07 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
pennylane wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:The silence from NW is actually encouraging to me, the way it should be. I really can't see how this can be covered up and forgotten, if that was the case, that would've been done years ago. Anyhow, Portugal are still going and have more files that weren't released. Didn't Portugal say they couldn't hand over the forensics?

But how could they have covered it up years ago.  The crime didn't happen in this country, and the horse bolted immediately! The HO gave it their best efforts to call this 'a stranger abduction,' but it hasn't and will not work!  

You are right it can't be covered up or forgotten, and I think that has dawned on them all now, hence the green around the gills demeanor of the parents, and the floundering Operation Grange investigation!  They've failed to pull this one off, and no amount of them telling the public 'a burglar did it,' or 'the McCanns are innocent,' is going to shift the focus away from the parents (imo).   And then there's Goncalo Amaral, who is still standing and gaining support by the hour.  They never saw that one coming!!!

The McCanns heady days of lucrative donations and insults re the 'sardine munching, disgraced policemen' are over........ it's only the McCanns who the majority distrusts.

The DM are now allowing comments through from people saying that the McCanns know more than what they're letting on about.

That wouldn't have happened a year or two ago.

I know, amazing isn't it.  Oh happy days!
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 08 Oct 2015, 4:29 pm

I'm with Andrew and DDL, I don't think there is a massive cover up or protection, or as like both of you guys have said...there would have been no review, no investigation, nothing in the media, nada, nothing zilch

As for the paedophile scandal, there are a few u turns on that now as well, with a few people admitting that they lied about the whole thing, particularly where Tory mp's were framed, as it has turned out the accusations were encouraged by members of the labour party to deliberately smear the tories, e'g. it is now very clear the Leon Brittain is entirely innocent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 08 Oct 2015, 4:52 pm

I think we can go round in circles and back again with the whole cover up thingy.

It's great to be able discuss things though and listen to others and their thoughts / opinions.

Until the fat lady sings, then nobody is right or wrong.

Differing views and discussing it sensibly and maturely is what a forum should be about.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 08 Oct 2015, 5:12 pm

susible wrote:I'm with Andrew and DDL, I don't think there is a massive cover up or protection, or as like both of you guys have said...there would have been no review, no investigation, nothing in the media, nada, nothing zilch

As for the paedophile scandal, there are a few u turns on that now as well, with a few people admitting that they lied about the whole thing, particularly where Tory mp's were framed, as it has turned out the accusations were encouraged by members of the labour party to deliberately smear the tories, e'g. it is now very clear the Leon Brittain is entirely innocent.

I agree with that comment also. For the SY to be given another £2m they must be on to something and need more time to tie up all loose ends, it is a lot of money to "whitewash" a case, and if it is "whitewashed" there's no telling what someone or something may come out of the woodwork in years to come which would blow the whole thing wide open as a charade.

There seems to be a whole lot of people involved in the case, so everyone of them has to be questioned, eliminated or charged, whether in Portugal, the UK, or elsewhere i.e. those involved in Metodo 3 and the McCanns' "Private PIs", just for starters.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 08 Oct 2015, 5:19 pm

How many people would it take to whitewash everything, this side and in Portugal.

How much money would it cost to keep everyone quiet for the rest of their lives, this side and in Portugal.

A whitewash is impossible.

A whitewash would not of been played out like this if that was the true agenda.

Imo etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next