MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

+23
mumof6
chirpyinsect
janm75
candyfloss
joyce1938
wjk
chilli
Bampots
TheTruthWillOut
Litdamy
unreorganised
Admin
chrissie
PMR
Guruagain
bluebell
Mimi
eeejay268
dogs don't lie
Châtelaine
costello
Benevolent
Andrew
27 posters

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 14 Empty Re:The Mystery of Corrie McKeague.

Post  costello Sat 11 Feb 2017, 1:22 pm

Andrew wrote:That's a horrific pic and a very sad statement from Martin.

I hope closure on all this comes very soon.

It is a horrible picture Andrew, it beggars belief that this landfill site wasn't on the radar before. I still think there is something very strange going on here.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 14 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 11 Feb 2017, 1:41 pm

bluebell wrote:This pic was in East Anglian Daily Times.    Those poor searchers.    

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 14 Image

Not to dismiss just how awful it will be to search that landfill for all involved I think that picture is a library picture. Below is the actual site:

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 14 Nintchdbpict000300713467

ETA @costello

That's the confusing thing. The Police had it on their radar almost immediately (~3rd October) as that is when they had all the rubbish sent there from Bury St Edmunds separated and left untouched.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 14 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 11 Feb 2017, 1:49 pm

Andrew wrote:So why has this site not been used...?

We have the bin lorry going to a different site but this landfill site has not been used since he disappeared...? I don't get it scratch

And they are only searching it now....
It is all very confusing. When I signed out last night we were discussing that we had read that the bin lorry was the same one that went to Barton Mills/Mildenhall where it deposited the cardboard waste for sorting. The phone was not found there but it had remained attached to the BM mast since 5am until 8am when it stopped transmitting a signal.
This lorry then was reported to have travelled on to Milton landfill site, which is where the searches are to take place. However this is 20 miles from the BM mast which only has a 3-5km footprint so unlikely it is the phone they were seeking.
The problem is Suffolk has no landfills. The last one closed in 2014/15. All the rubbish is recycled or turned into energy at Great Blakenham.
However even with all those green measures there will still be some waste that goes to landfill so I assume they use Milton in Cambs.
I read the police site early this morning and I was sure it said the lorry went on to Milton but rechecking it later, it now doesn't say that. What it does say is that rubbish collected that morning,Sat 24th, was picked up from BSE and taken to landfill at Milton.
Now 2 things here. The landfill isn't open weekends and someone on Reddit states that rubbish is not tipped on landfill by bin lorries but transported there on artics which do the tipping.
I actually sat down and read the Suffolk waste management documents....yes I know... and it was very informative.
I cannot understand why the police saw fit to cordon off part of the landfill early on because that must mean they suspected that it was possible that Corrie ended up in the kind of bin that would have its contents dumped at Milton, yet they didn't search there immediately. I don't buy the " not enough resources" bs.

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add place name)

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 11 Feb 2017, 1:52 pm

It is a library pic you are quite right, but landfill sites are extremely unpleasant places. All the fc/fb members who could believe the police could find a mobile phone at such a place astounded me.

Like your pic TTWO. Can you put it on WS please 'cos there seems to be confusion there about public access to landfill, and maybe mixing it up with a council run 'tip'. I think it would help clarify the site to be searched.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 11 Feb 2017, 1:53 pm

Sure, bluebell. Give me a sec.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 11 Feb 2017, 1:58 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Sure, bluebell. Give me a sec.

cheers TTWO

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 14 Empty Re:The Mystery of Corrie McKeague.

Post  costello Sat 11 Feb 2017, 2:07 pm

My cynical side is now leaning towards some sort of endgame being played out here. What ever the reasons may be? but the similarities in the Ben Needham and McCanns case are quite astonishing. I still hope and believe Corrie McKeague is still alive. Again just my thoughts.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 11 Feb 2017, 2:50 pm

TTWO. May I ask where you found that the police stopped the tipping on 3 Oct?

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 11 Feb 2017, 3:08 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:TTWO. May I ask where you found that the police stopped the tipping on 3 Oct?

It is an approx date of mine as the first mention by Police in a press release about the bin lorry was on the 3rd of October. In the latest press release it says this:

The area of the landfill site where waste collected from Bury St Edmunds that morning was deposited has not had further items put onto it since police alerted the site, early in the investigation, to the possibility that this may need to be searched.

It is an assumption of mine about the date but it must be pretty close?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 11 Feb 2017, 3:36 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:TTWO. May I ask where you found that the police stopped the tipping on 3 Oct?

It is an approx date of mine as the first mention by Police in a press release about the bin lorry was on the 3rd of October. In the latest press release it says this:

The area of the landfill site where waste collected from Bury St Edmunds that morning was deposited has not had further items put onto it since police alerted the site, early in the investigation, to the possibility that this may need to be searched.

It is an assumption of mine about the date but it must be pretty close?

Yes it does make sense. I am baffled about this phone pinging at Milton though. I would guess they must have had that info at the same time as they got the ping times for BM so why allow the massive search that took place at Barton Mills recently?
Everyone was working on the assumption his phone could be found there.
Something is not adding up.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 11 Feb 2017, 4:48 pm

I would think that the family aren't given much detailed information from the police chirps. In other investigations the families are understandably kept well out of everything the police are doing.

These family organised searches (though I'm sure some police were present at them) were not suggested by the police, but neither could they suggest them not going ahead because of more evidence of phone pings had arisen.

I do think the maternal family have made this investigation more difficult for the police by misreporting and having a facebook page
where people have been named and accusations thrown about. Added to which the full on criticism of Suffolk police, even to the extent of accusing them of lying sometimes !

I just hope something is found to further this investigation into Corrie's disappearance.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 11 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

On the findcorrie facebook.     I wonder if his paternal grandparents reward will also be withdrawn, but doubt it ?

Nicola Urquhart

Update 10/2/2017. REWARD ENDS ON 18TH FEBRUARY.
As most of you will be aware, back in early December 2016, a £50,000 reward for information leading to Corrie being found was offered. The reward was kindly and very generously put forward by a business couple, local to Suffolk. It was their wish that they remained anonymous. At this moment in time, the offer of a reward hasn't brought to the fore, the information we had hoped for. Following discussion, we consider it sensible that the offer of a reward should not remain in place indefinitely. As such, we have decided to leave a reward in place for one more week. On 18th February 2017 the offer of a £50,000 reward will be withdrawn. On behalf of my family, I would wish to publicly thank from the bottom of our hearts the couple concerned. Not only have they offered what would be to most of us, a life changing sum of money in the shape of the reward, they have also given their time and made great efforts to assist us find Corrie. We will be forever grateful to them for this.
The numbers to call are
07379 333 024 and
07379 333 025.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

Interesting stuff, folks.

Will jot down some other thoughts when feeling a bit better.

Like tomorrow.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:47 pm

There is an update on Martin's FB. He was mistaken about the phone pinging at Milton. Looks like it's back to being BM again.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:34 am

This is the first time I have seen a map of where Corrie's phone pinged each mast on the route to BM. Weirdly I wasn't actually looking for that info. I was looking for info about the various recycling and waste plants in Suffolk but this came up.

https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/  

Click on the link then on the Planning Waste and Environment section then Waste and Recycling then on tge plus sign next to BSE then click on the map and enlarge it.

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:11 am

Morning, Chirpy.

Bit confused about your post and instructions! Intrigued how the phone pings are on a map on a council website but also can't see BSE in the last step of instructions after clicking on waste and recycling?

This is the page I'm on: https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/planning-waste-and-environment/waste-and-recycling/
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:28 am

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Morning, Chirpy.

Bit confused about your post and instructions! Intrigued how the phone pings are on a map on a council website but also can't see BSE in the last step of instructions after clicking on waste and recycling?

This is the page I'm on: https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/planning-waste-and-environment/waste-and-recycling/
Morning T.

Yes you are on the right page. Click on grey panel where it says "find opening times of your nearest tip." Then you will see BSE with a plus sign. Expand that then click on the map and enlarge it.
There is a host of info if you click the various symbols, not just the phone pings route but info on Corrie's movements, the bin lorry timings etc.
Give me a shout if you need further help.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:39 am

That's weird, Chirps. When I click on the map it just links to Google Maps to show where the recycling centre is in BSE i.e. here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bury+St+Edmunds+Household+Waste+Recycling+Centre/@52.2278406,0.7224828,12z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d84cfb8da62fed:0x234102ff90bcb9cc!8m2!3d52.237156!4d0.734038?hl=en-US

What you describe sounds very much like a case map made by a user on Websleuths. Does your map look like this?: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1dMWOQJNDrS-0zdP_KwnvQX5ymOY&ll=52.32216397234313%2C0.6740909701171631&z=11

On another subject what is the thinking about this landfill search? Have Police just exhausted all other possibilities and come up with nothing and the landfill search is the last thing they can do or have they found some evidence that leads them there?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guruagain Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:11 pm

Maybe Milton is the place the non recyclable waste ended up once sorted wherever it was sorted at Barton Mills. I am sure a poster on Websleuths said there was a FCC facility near Barton Mills a few months ago. Brandon Road I think he said.

What are the chances of the phone being missed in the cardboard recycling and now being in a bale that is sitting in China!
Guruagain
Guruagain

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 12 Feb 2017, 1:54 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:That's weird, Chirps. When I click on the map it just links to Google Maps to show where the recycling centre is in BSE i.e. here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bury+St+Edmunds+Household+Waste+Recycling+Centre/@52.2278406,0.7224828,12z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d84cfb8da62fed:0x234102ff90bcb9cc!8m2!3d52.237156!4d0.734038?hl=en-US

What you describe sounds very much like a case map made by a user on Websleuths. Does your map look like this?: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1dMWOQJNDrS-0zdP_KwnvQX5ymOY&ll=52.32216397234313%2C0.6740909701171631&z=11

On another subject what is the thinking about this landfill search? Have Police just exhausted all other possibilities and come up with nothing and the landfill search is the last thing they can do or have they found some evidence that leads them there?

T. Both your links take me to maps that have the symbols on them.
The landfill search has everyone baffled because of the confusion over which bin they are referring to. I do not think it is the Biffa lorry because it only picked up cardboard from the HS. However, it has been suggested that it also collects other waste which may have already been on board, which gets separated at the recycling plant and anything that can't be reused goes to landfill. I wonder if Milton has come up because it is the nearest landfill to the recycling plant at Mildenhall which is where the lorry went to.
I think the phone was in the bin or in the lorry one way or another and travelled as far as Mildenhall which is within the BM mast area and from there it was either missed, pinched or died. Or any combination of those.
The police possibly ring-fenced the site at Milton early on as a precaution, stopping further tipping, but not because they had any intel that C was likely to be there specifically.
As for Corrie, I still think awol is possible but fear that the police now have something tangible that is forcing the search.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:10 pm

Guruagain wrote:Maybe Milton is the place the non recyclable waste ended up once sorted wherever it was sorted at Barton Mills. I am sure a poster on Websleuths said there was a FCC facility near Barton Mills a few months ago. Brandon Road I think he said.

What are the chances of the phone being missed in the cardboard recycling and now being in a bale that is sitting in China!

Not convinced there is any FCC or recycling sorting centre near Barton Mills. The place on Brandon Road you mention I remember and that doesn't look like it is correct to me? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bury+St+Edmunds+Household+Waste+Recycling+Centre/@52.3483422,0.5367218,3a,75y,246.39h,77.11t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sMA2IiL9edPjsUsWpem3ajA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DMA2IiL9edPjsUsWpem3ajA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D165.1761%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d84cfb8da62fed:0x234102ff90bcb9cc!8m2!3d52.237156!4d0.734038!6m1!1e1?hl=en-US

From the description of the process by Uncle Tony the site the HS bin lorry went to after the Sainsbury pick-up had manual sorting and a incinerator and the only place that matches is the Great Blakenham site. There is a cardboard/paper recycling plant in Ely (Ellgia) but would/can a Biffa lorry go there and would it be open in the early hours of Saturday morning?

Edit:

Sounds like a ghost in the machine, Chirpy!

Last edited by TheTruthWillOut on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:12 pm

As for Corrie, I still think awol is possible but fear that the police now have something tangible that is forcing the search.

My thoughts too chirpy. Putting everything into perspective here,why was this landfill site not checked at the start of the investigation. As for Corrie's phone, I'm sure dumping it would be an ideal solution,if you intended to go down the route of starting a new life somewhere else. Again just my thoughts.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:55 pm

Below is what Uncle Tony has said about the bin lorries waste/recycling routines:

The bins in the Horseshoe were collected for forensic testing shortly before Christmas; the bins in the other loading bay area and the loading bay area itself have never been forensically searched – Corrie could have accessed this area without being detected on CCTV.
The bins from these areas go to different disposal sites. The recycling bin that was collected on the Saturday morning was taken to the recycling centre, where the Investigation team have been told that it would not be possible for a body to pass through the system without being detected, and that if it did go through the Incinerator would not be completely destroyed (bones would not be completely reduced). It is also believed that the phone would be detected before destruction, for recycling purposes. The whole process is under cctv oversight.
The other site is slightly different, but similar assurances have been given.
Different materials pass through the sortation process at different points, some of which ends up going to Landfill. The area that waste was tipped into the Landfill site is known, but has never been searched.

If the search finds Corrie at Milton my theory would be:

Corrie walked out of the horseshoe down SB when the Greenwoods camera turned away.
Was attacked/mugged and placed into a general waste bin in the other horseshoe area dying of his injuries. The bins here may have been taken for testing late last month during the search and DNA found?
His phone then dumped by perp into horseshoe cardboard bin (4 minute man?) OR Corrie accidentally left it on top of a bin when having a wee and it was taken by binman who realised it was locked and disposed of it on his next stop in Mildenhall.
The bin Corrie was placed in is then picked-up and taken directly to Milton and missed.

If Corrie isn't found at the landfill but DNA was found on a bin in the other horseshoe then I worry about the possibility of perp(s) returning later before the bin was emptied and him being moved elsewhere.

If all of that proves wrong then AWOL or otherwise leaving by car comes back around again.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 12 Feb 2017, 3:02 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Guruagain wrote:Maybe Milton is the place the non recyclable waste ended up once sorted wherever it was sorted at Barton Mills. I am sure a poster on Websleuths said there was a FCC facility near Barton Mills a few months ago. Brandon Road I think he said.

Not convinced there is any FCC or recycling sorting centre near Barton Mills. The place on Brandon Road you mention I remember and that doesn't look like it is correct to me? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bury+St+Edmunds+Household+Waste+Recycling+Centre/@52.3483422,0.5367218,3a,75y,246.39h,77.11t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sMA2IiL9edPjsUsWpem3ajA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DMA2IiL9edPjsUsWpem3ajA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D165.1761%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d84cfb8da62fed:0x234102ff90bcb9cc!8m2!3d52.237156!4d0.734038!6m1!1e1?hl=en-US

From the description of the process by Uncle Tony the site the HS bin lorry went to after the Sainsbury pick-up had manual sorting and a incinerator and the only place that matches is the Great Blakenham site. There is a cardboard/paper recycling plant in Ely (Ellgia) but would/can a Biffa lorry go there and would it be open in the early hours of Saturday morning?

Edit:

Sounds like a ghost in the machine, Chirpy!
What a struggle to get a handle on this but I have now discovered that there is a waste and recycling centre at Mildenhall off the A1101 in the middle of Thetford Forest. Did we know this before? I had wrongly assumed that the manual sorting place was Mildenhall.So now I am back to thinking that C may have come to harm somewhere near the BM "picnic" site and this has nothing to do with the bin lorry at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Feb 2017, 3:07 pm

Where is this recycling centre, Chirpy? Got a Google Maps link?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next