MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

+23
mumof6
chirpyinsect
janm75
candyfloss
joyce1938
wjk
chilli
Bampots
TheTruthWillOut
Litdamy
unreorganised
Admin
chrissie
PMR
Guruagain
bluebell
Mimi
eeejay268
dogs don't lie
Châtelaine
costello
Benevolent
Andrew
27 posters

Page 24 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 24 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  bluebell Thu 09 Mar 2017, 7:37 pm

Heisenburg wrote:

Probably not normal but when absolutely hammered its any port in a storm,if this is the case.
Out of interest how far from his digs was he?

He was about 9 miles away from his Base I believe Heisenburg.

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 24 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  Andrew Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:02 am

Mimi wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Guruagain wrote:Perhaps if Her and Uncle T hadn't kept going on about Marham, suspicious men in foreign plated vehicles and Corrie often walking home, vanishing at weekends all part of his behaviour then maybe they might have searched earlier?

A valid point, G.

It's bizarre really that from the off we've all been round the houses and back on this one and the reality is it's looking like the most simplest of scenarios all along.

Poor lad clambered inside a wheelie bin to sleep off a hangover and never to be seen again.

Is it normal to get in a wheelie bin like that to go to sleep?  I would have thought it`s highly dangerous for anyone  to even think about it.

Highly dangerous indeed, Mimi.

But when you're a 23 yr old lad, pissed up, and you need somewhere to get your head down for a few hours (sober up a bit, so can drive back in the morn), then a wheelie bin would seem like a good idea at the time.

I've slept in some pretty dodgy places after a skinful when I was his age. No wheelie bins though but I know people who have. As you can pretty much kip anywhere when you're intoxicated and just need sleep.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:17 am

I posted recently about a survivor of the Lockerbie disaster who later became known for sleeping in bizarre places while drunk; perhaps inevitably he died young - his last sleeping place was on a railway line. In view of his history, his death was not classed as suicide.

I can believe that someone would climb into a bin.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:01 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 10 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

It seems they are not using cadaver dogs who would find him easily - I wonder if its because it`s too dangerous for dogs to be walking about on that sort of rubbish.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 10 Mar 2017, 7:37 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 10 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm

bluebell wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:

Probably not normal but when absolutely hammered its any port in a storm,if this is the case.
Out of interest how far from his digs was he?

He was about 9 miles away from his Base I believe Heisenburg.

Thanks.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:09 pm

Interesting DS Katie Elliott says Corrie told people (more than one) he was walking home. Doesn't this suggest he wasn't planning getting into a bin voluntarily?

It does seem like Suffolk Police are going to go with misadventure but they are holding back a lot of info so maybe they are "managing" the situation until they find him before an arrest? Or possibly corporate neglect charges?

I still think there is more to come in the case somehow. Also interesting the Find Corrie Facebook page is now a closed group.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 11 Mar 2017, 6:56 pm

Is this the clip where NU says she is sorry or bringing 120K people via the fcfb into this ?
If not, I can post the relevant link.

I hope I m wrong, but I still have doubts C will be found in the landfill.
One way  or another it seems that whatever/however happened shall result in more serious and complete records beiing kept in the waste industry.  
Reading about persons sleeping in bins has been such an eye opener to me, and what a desperate situation those people are experiencing.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 11 Mar 2017, 10:31 pm

bluebell wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Interesting DS Katie Elliott says Corrie told people (more than one) he was walking home. Doesn't this suggest he wasn't planning getting into a bin voluntarily?

It does seem like Suffolk Police are going to go with misadventure but they are holding back a lot of info so maybe they are "managing" the situation until they find him before an arrest? Or possibly corporate neglect charges?

I still think there is more to come in the case somehow. Also interesting the Find Corrie Facebook page is now a closed group.  

Is this the clip where NU says she is sorry or bringing 120K people via the fcfb into this ?
If not, I can post the relevant link.

I hope I m wrong, but I still have doubts C will be found in the landfill.
One way  or another it seems that whatever/however happened shall result in more serious and complete records beiing kept in the waste industry.  
Reading about persons sleeping in bins has been such an eye opener to me, and what a desperate situation those people are experiencing.

No it isn't this clip (though it may have been part of the bigger double interview on BBC Look East that is now gone).

I really do think they will find him at the landfill, sadly. Both sides of the family and Suffolk police seem awfully confident they will...

The thing I can't get my head around is him being completely missed. The vast majority of people in bins get found at the bin lorry and the few that do get past this are found at the place the bin lorry unloads. I haven't read about another case making it to landfill undiscovered? It does make you wonder about those that disappeared without trace over the years, though.

Don't know if this has been posted before but it makes for interesting reading: https://www.biffa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Streetlink_CIWM_Biffa-Research-Report-Final_Feb14.pdf

A lot of people say they can't believe Corrie being a strapping fellow could even fit comfortably in one the 1100 litre bins but has the above research shows it is the Goldilocks of bins.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 8:38 pm

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/corrie-mckeagues-mum-visit-landfill-12730191

A brief video of Det Supt Katie Elliott explaining things...

(that vid might've been on earlier links that I've posted up, but that's the first time I've watched it anyway)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:39 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 5:28 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 15 Mar 2017, 4:26 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before but I understood it was a recycling bin he was supposed to have got in - I read somewhere it was a bin that Greigs put their cardboard boxes in. So why aren`t they looking at the Recycling Centre?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 15 Mar 2017, 4:30 pm

175 homeless people slept in recycle bins in 2016.

Homeless man slept in recycling bin and died.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 15 Mar 2017, 7:10 pm

Horrible!
This got me off my diner :-(
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 15 Mar 2017, 9:58 pm

Sorry about that Chatelaine.

I just wanted to know why they are looking in landfill site when I thought he was supposed to have got into a Recycling Bin.

ETA I also want to know why they aren`t using cadaver dogs - they would find a dead body much quicker than all these poor blokes turning over weeks of garbage.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 15 Mar 2017, 10:10 pm

I think it was established it would be too dangerous for cadaver dogs to be brought in, Mimi.

TTWO mentioned it the other week.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 15 Mar 2017, 11:08 pm

Mimi wrote:It seems they are not using cadaver dogs who would find him easily - I wonder if its because it`s too dangerous for dogs to be walking about on that sort of rubbish.

Mimi, you posted this on 10th March.

I would think that this is likely to be the reason.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 16 Mar 2017, 12:26 am

Thank you Freedom and Andrew.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 16 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Mar 2017, 9:55 am

A Facebook message yesterday from Corrie's father.

Hi Folks,

So I thought I'd take a moment to update you on a few things.

Yesterday Trisha and I visited the landfill site in Milton for the second time. We had the honour of meeting and shaking the hands of another five members of the police search team, who will be rotating into the existing team of eight men and women who are raking through the rubbish there and looking for my son.

I'm humbled by their efforts, and the words to describe how indebted we are to these people escape me. It was a very emotional day for us and it's not getting any easier. I can't believe the incredible progress this team has made from last week to this week.

These police officers are managing to sift through 80 tons of rubbish per day, sometimes on their hands and knees, to ensure no detail is missed. Make no mistake; this is a high risk crime scene with 24-hour security around the site, which means you need a small specially trained team to ensure no evidence is contaminated. For this reason you couldn't simply bring in a large gung-ho group with heavy machinery everywhere. This is a forensic search, like an excavation, to be treated delicately and with care.

As I've said before, I would do anything to be out there with them. However, this is not classed as a low risk search, where you can bring in volunteers, and search areas where this is very little if any chance of finding Corrie there. Those tend to become like media spectacles with little or no value.

What's also important to remember is how the search has arrived at this point, in this wasteland.

If it weren't for the incredible efforts of the Suffolk police force and their persistence in going over and over the data, even as other serious lines of enquiry continued, the human error in the calculation of the weight of the bin that likely carried Corrie here may never have been found.

And to avoid any confusion whatsoever, the Suffolk police have confirmed that NONE of the information provided by private investigation agency McKenzie Intelligence Services (MIS) - who were employed with publicly crowdfunded money - has led to the search of this landfill site, nor has the information provided by MIS told the police anything they didn't already know.

I feel the public has been badly misled in the press and social media about this and other false information that suggests is was anyone other than the police that has brought us to this point.

In the Bury Free Press, posted on line 8th March, Det. Supt Katie Elliott also confirmed this fact, stating it was officers rechecking information who discovered the error on the bin weight. Katie Elliott, said: “It was by going back to experts in the company who can read the raw data on their systems and were able to see it (the bin) was over 100kg.”

This is one of the many reasons why the McKeague family in Scotland has sought to distance itself in every way possible from the public crowdfunding of several months ago, and continues to do so.

The way in which the Suffolk police have conducted this investigation, and the order in which they prioritised their searches, has and continues to be logical and professional. As you can imagine, Trisha and I have been privy to a great deal of information during the course of this investigation that has not been made public since Corrie disappeared, and there were several important leads the police had to follow before this one as priorities.

Now, if Trisha and I had at any time felt, even for a moment, that the landfill site should have been searched sooner based on the information that was available at the time, then we would have been the first to say this to them, and shared those sentiments with you. But this was not the case.

And for those who have sought to mislead the public to make people think otherwise, and openly criticised the efforts of the Suffolk police, I can tell you as Corrie's father that they should not have done this.

The lies have to stop.

The five-figure reward posted by the McKeague family in Scotland on 6th December will remain until Corrie is found.

I'll update you again in the days ahead as the landfill site search moves forward.

Thanks again for standing by us and helping bring Corrie home together.

We wouldn't have made it this far without you.

Martin
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 39  Next