MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Ben Needham

+33
chilli
Andrew
TheTruthWillOut
unreorganised
dandaar
joyce1938
Heisenburg
froggy
chrissie
Inca
poster
Popcorn
Satsuma
chirpyinsect
seahorse
Hellsbells
Magnum
crabbit
Bampots
Mimi
Ixta
Châtelaine
Dee Coy
Anne
costello
dogs don't lie
Lioned
bluebell
Thetruth
poppyfox
Tristar
candyfloss
Freedom
37 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Châtelaine Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:45 pm

I'm with you Canada ...
And we'll see what unfolds the next days.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:48 pm

The whole thing is so strange that I am also thinking along those lines. Have posted what is niggling at me. I wish I had the book.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:36 pm

Châtelaine wrote:I'm with you Canada ...
And we'll see what unfolds the next days.

Me too.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:36 am

Just watched a clip of the extension being pulled down by a digger, jeez, if that poor child was under one of those wheels... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:59 am

canada12 wrote:I have to admit my fanciful mind is thinking this scenario:

1. Ben dies accidentally and someone in his family is responsible, either directly or indirectly
2. The guilty party knows someone who may be able to help them cover it up - ie, the digger driver
3. The digger driver helps them cover up Ben's death by burying him
4. The secret stays intact until the digger's death bed confession
5. The death bed confession is taken to the police, however the statement that is released is NOT the statement made by the digger on his deathbed. The real statement is the truth. The fake statement is a ruse.
6. The police find the body, and lay charges against the family member, based on the original deathbed confession.

I would say that's probably as close to the truth as we'll get.

Imo, etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 2:22 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ben-needhams-grandad-did-work-8980373

Eddie Needham is travelling to Kos to look at the concrete foundations under a torn-down building to see if they’re the same ones he worked on a few weeks after Ben went missing
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 2:39 am

Some snippets:

Eddie Needham, 68, is travelling to the Greek island to speak to British police who have demolished an extension to a farmhouse in their search for the little boy.

The former builder wants to look at the concrete foundations under the torn-down building to see if they’re the same ones he worked on a few weeks after Ben went missing.

The extension, ripped down in 25 minutes by a JCB today, is attached to a farmhouse that Eddie was renovating on the day Ben vanished, July 24, 1991.

He said while he is “nervous” about returning, he is desperate to help solve the 25-year mystery that has plagued his family.

Eddie, from Lincolnshire, told the Daily Mirror: “I feel apprehensive because this feels different from the search in 2012.

Shortly after Ben went missing, Eddie laid foundations under the site of the farmhouse extension that police have just pulled down.

..... My bold.

Be interesting to see if this article gets promoted on the official BN site, like the others.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:46 am

Just an observation and not an accusation but do you ever sleep Andrew?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:00 am

chirpyinsect wrote:Just an observation and not an accusation but do you ever sleep Andrew?

Ha. Plenty of time for sleep in 40 plus years time.

I forgot I had a meeting with my accountant later today and was up half the night sorting out paperwork etc.

Ignore the bit about will the official BN site promote the Grandad story....They did about half an hour after I posted that. Embarassed
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:02 am

Mark Witty ‏@markwittyitv 59m59 minutes ago
@itvcalendar SYP confirm Ben Needham's grandfather Eddie will visit Kos excavation site this morning

Tom Ingall ‏@TomIngall 49m49 minutes ago
Police team now looking through the rubble of the farmhouse extension on #Kos. Eddie Needham will visit later today.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:32 am

I have to say this, if Ben is found at that spot, how and why on earth could anyone let a 21mth old run in and out off that farmhouse with a huge digger roaring right beside it????

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:16 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:48 am

Mark Witty ‏@markwittyitv  9m9 minutes ago
Eddie Needham at kos farmhouse where his grandson Ben disappeared July 24 1991

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 23 Ct_b8w10
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:16 am

Andy Lines ‏@andylines 6m6 minutes ago
Sipping from bottle of water Eddie Needham now standing exactly where extension demolished yesterday. Pointing animatedly. #BenNeedham

Andy Lines ‏@andylines 16m16 minutes ago
#BenNeedham grandad walking over the whole site with police. Pointing to where things were situated 25 years ago.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:19 am

Andy Lines ‏@andylines 2m2 minutes ago
#BenNeedham grandad and 5 police/forensic scientists/archaeologists getting covered in dust as work around them continues.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:42 am

dogs don't lie wrote:I have to say this, if Ben is found at that spot, how and why on earth could anyone let a 21mth old run in and out off that farmhouse with a huge digger roaring right beside it????
I'm wondering if the accident actually happened on that spot. ( if it happened at all) Perhaps it happened further along where Christine said there was a building site.
Horrible thought but maybe Ben was placed in the founds later. Was there something said about Eddie asking the digger guy to do some work for him?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:48 am

Andy Lines ‏@andylines 8m8 minutes ago
Whatever #BenNeedham dad has just told police ... they are now taking down a massive fig tree near the demolished farmhouse extension.

* he means Grandad.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:02 am

dogs don't lie wrote:I have to say this, if Ben is found at that spot, how and why on earth could anyone let a 21mth old run in and out off that farmhouse with a huge digger roaring right beside it????

None of what follows is meant unkindly, but there's something of the "hawker" about this family (kind of a domesticated gypsy, usually engaged in some kind of manual donkeywork type trade). If that's the case then a certain blase attitude to proximity to heavy machinery would actually be considered an admirable quality in a child. They raise odd little man-children who are old before their time and conditioned to be obsessed with anything mechanical and a bit dangerous, just like their man-children fathers and grandfathers are. Generational and family lines are blurry but they all share a certain distrust of law enforcement.

Now having said all that, as I said upthread a person I know was recently involved in the aftermath of an accident involving a person and a heavy vehicle. Some of what they related shocked and surprised even me, and I thought I was unshockable. Now imagining what the same machinery would do to a child, I could actually well understand a decision to bury the poor soul and claim he had merely disappeared rather than allow a parent to clap eyes on what remained.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:10 am

unreorganised wrote:

None of what follows is meant unkindly, but there's something of the "hawker" about this family (kind of a domesticated gypsy, usually engaged in some kind of manual donkeywork type trade). If that's the case then a certain blase attitude to proximity to heavy machinery would actually be considered an admirable quality in a child. They raise odd little man-children who are old before their time and conditioned to be obsessed with anything mechanical and a bit dangerous, just like their man-children fathers and grandfathers are. Generational and family lines are blurry but they all share a certain distrust of law enforcement.

Now having said all that, as I said upthread a person I know was recently involved in the aftermath of an accident involving a person and a heavy vehicle. Some of what they related shocked and surprised even me, and I thought I was unshockable. Now imagining what the same machinery would do to a child, I could actually well understand a decision to bury the poor soul and claim he had merely disappeared rather than allow a parent to clap eyes on what remained.

I think you're exactly right there.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

If it's true that 11-year-old Danny was working on the roof at the time of Ben's disappearance, there does seem to be a lack of awareness of age appropriate activities.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:15 am

Tom Ingall ‏@TomIngall 11m11 minutes ago
Eddie Needham is still at the farmhouse - he has been shown the work undertaken so far. @BBCLookNorth @BBCSheffield
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:16 am

unreorganised wrote:

That's what I was trying to say but couldn't, and diggers don't speed (iykwim), could EN know what might be found? Just a question and IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:26 am

Andy Lines ‏@andylines 1m
DI Cousins: "Eddie has been a brilliant help." #BenNeedham grandad

Andy Lines ‏@andylines 3m
#BenNeedham grandad leaves site after two hours. He thanks press and hopes "we can reach a conclusion"

.... He wasn't there long then.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:32 am

Freedom wrote:If it's true that 11-year-old Danny was working on the roof at the time of Ben's disappearance, there does seem to be a lack of awareness of age appropriate activities.

I come from the ultimate hawker town. I've had tradesmen turn up during the week with their school age kids along to help them. They're a different breed. It's the reason they're all driving around in current plate X5's and Range Rovers and I'm not.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next