MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Ben Needham

+33
chilli
Andrew
TheTruthWillOut
unreorganised
dandaar
joyce1938
Heisenburg
froggy
chrissie
Inca
poster
Popcorn
Satsuma
chirpyinsect
seahorse
Hellsbells
Magnum
crabbit
Bampots
Mimi
Ixta
Châtelaine
Dee Coy
Anne
costello
dogs don't lie
Lioned
bluebell
Thetruth
poppyfox
Tristar
candyfloss
Freedom
37 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 31 Empty Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Guest Sun 09 Oct 2016, 7:36 pm

Is it possible that the "60 items of interest" are actually quite important? And the police are deliberately downplaying it to keep the media at bay and to ensure they know what they have before commenting further?

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Sun 09 Oct 2016, 7:37 pm

I find it weird also that they say what they have found is not that important,anything they find should be of the upmost importance.

I think it's disgusting that the press are actually filming the digging,FGS this is a baby boys remains they are looking for and if they find them will that be filmed as well.No respect for Ben at all from the police the press or even the family.Poor baby.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 8:31 pm

I found it or rather the written version. Go to ITV.com, on July 21 2016 there is a written article detailing the new interview with Chris to be shown on July 25. It quotes exactly what I had seen about the 2 cars and it being the FIRST time they had done this.
Am sure live interview is there somewhere it was shown on Calender.
Hope this helps.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 8:55 pm

Hope wrote:I found it or rather the written version. Go to ITV.com, on July 21 2016 there is a written article detailing the new interview with Chris to be shown on July 25. It quotes exactly what I had seen about the 2 cars and it being the FIRST time they had done this.
Am sure live interview is there somewhere it was shown on Calender.
Hope this helps.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2016-07-21/south-yorkshire-police-remain-committed-to-finding-answers-for-bens-family/
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 8:58 pm

Andrew I love you! Can't do links. Now why did she say that?
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

dannii wrote:I find it weird also that they say what they have found is not that important,anything they find should be of the upmost importance.

I think it's disgusting that the press are actually filming the digging,FGS this is a baby boys remains they are looking for and if they find them will that be filmed as well.No respect for Ben at all from the police the press or even the family.Poor baby.

I think the nature of the search is that they are not going to find anything recognisable as a human corpse. If he was indeed run over by a digger then anybody involved would not be entirely unjustified in claiming that he "disappeared".
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

Ha - no worries, hope.

So as you say, Christine says it's the first time as well. So why would Kerry make out that Ben has been there many times before.

Snipped:

“I got Ben dressed and washed, he sat the in the push chair banging two toy cars together, and we just walked until we got to the farm house. I didn’t tell anyone we were going there – there was no-one to tell – everyone was out. I didn’t plan to go.”

I know I'm shattered on a Sunday evening but that bit doesn't sit right with me for some reason.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:13 pm

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:14 pm

canada12 wrote:Is it possible that the "60 items of interest" are actually quite important? And the police are deliberately downplaying it to keep the media at bay and to ensure they know what they have before commenting further?

Yes that could be very well the reason, canada.

Thinking about it logically then that really is the only thing they could of said I suppose. So yes, makes sense.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:24 pm

Yes, that's the one. Good work.

So as mentioned earlier - we have a conflicting account by Mother and Grandmother of how many times Ben went to the farmhouse.

Now why would that be. scratch

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm

I noticed this in the quote from Christine.

Christine added : “He just wasn’t there. Nothing. Not a trace, nothing at all. No footprints ,no shoes had fallen off, nothing at all”

Why mention the shoes?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:55 pm

I noticed that too.  Did anyone else feel something was 'off' when she was speaking? I've watched her many times in interviews over 20 years but this time I felt uneasy at her description of that day.
The cars are bugging me big time, how did Eddie not hear about them til 10 years later?

When she says it was for the first time her eyes start blinking rapidly, repeatedly, that's what got my attention.

Last edited by Hope on Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 9:59 pm

Yes, the 'no shoes had fallen off' does sound rather odd.

These 'no shoes had fallen off' are presumably the same ones (sandals) that they recently got remade again, that was in the press not so long back...

ETA link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3817260/Police-leading-hunt-missing-toddler-Ben-Needham-release-replicas-sandals-wearing-help-teams-searching-remains.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:01 pm

Hope wrote:I noticed that too.  Did anyone else feel something was 'off' when she was speaking? I've watched her many times in    interviews over 20 years but this time I felt uneasy at her description of that day.
The cars are bugging me big time, how did Eddie not hear about them til 10 years later?    

When she says it was for the first time her eyes start blinking rapidly, repeatedly, that's what got my attention.

Which video is that bit on?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:07 pm

I find it interesting that Duncan Wood asks her how many times Ben had been to the farm. What prompted him to ask that specific question?

ETA: Andrew I can help Hope out here. It is from the Somebody Knows doc on Youtube.

Last edited by TheTruthWillOut on Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:11 pm

This may be daft but what about his nappy? Chris says he wet himself, she rinsed them and put them on the tree to dry. In a doc Eddie thought it was water from the hose but she corrects him, they say how he was just in sandals and his top. No mention of a nappy, disposable ones were very expensive in places like Greece 25 yrs ago. Did they use terry cloth ones or was he being toilet trained, very early but not impossible.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:12 pm

Andrew wrote:
Hope wrote:I noticed that too.  Did anyone else feel something was 'off' when she was speaking? I've watched her many times in    interviews over 20 years but this time I felt uneasy at her description of that day.

Which video is that bit on?

I think it was the somebody knows one. Yes at 9.52

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:13 pm

Sorry Andrew its in one of my posts last week, it's during the doc made 10 years later on YouTube.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:17 pm

TTWO yes Wood pushed the point. He and the Calendar team know this case inside out, I have just seen loads of their old reports, they have really tried their best to help and he would know what Kerry had said.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:28 pm

Bloody hell, I see what you mean about the 2 toy cars that have never been found and Eddie didn't even know about it (just as he picked up a toy car that wasn't Ben's right next to the farmhouse...)

How very odd. I've not seen that doc as yet (just skipped to the time Chirps said. Thanks Chirps).
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:38 pm

I'm just going to park these here so I can remind myself to watch them when time allows. Has anyone seen the second doc by the way...

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:53 pm

Just started reading a a thread on the Crimewatchers forum and this is an interesting extract from Kerry's book http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?threads/ben-needham-missing-from-the-greek-island-of-kos-24-july-1991-age-21-months.3998/page-5:

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 31 TOviZv6

So I assume this refers to Dino in the digger truck. According to this they had stopped work for the day by the time they were having lunch from around 14:00 until 14:30 Ben went missing.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 11:10 pm

Yes I watched both, I won't comment on them as I don't what to prejudice your thoughts but they are well worth watching.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 11:20 pm

What I do not get is why they told Kerry he was dead and the search was now for his remains, she is utterly devastated and to put her through that hell with what seems to be one persons possible account it's just to big a leap. The police I asked said the family especially in these circumstances would never be told this unless remains were found.
Tell her what was said and why they are searching but why this definitive message that Ben is dead?

Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 09 Oct 2016, 11:27 pm

I wish I could read Kerry's book, my Kindle account is blocked. Anyone remember the site Petermac got Kate's book downloaded on free? I have no prob paying for it but it's too painful for me to hold a book.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next