MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "number 1 suspect" Christian B

+17
wlbtsreborn
dogs don't lie
Mimi
Dee Coy
Guinea Pig
froggy
Bampots
patts
TheTruthWillOut
Tangled Web
espeland
Winslow Boy
poster
Heisenburg
candyfloss
unreorganised
Antonia
21 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

The "number 1 suspect" Christian B  - Page 4 Empty Re: The "number 1 suspect" Christian B

Post  patts Mon 08 Jun 2020, 5:58 pm

unreorganised wrote:So am I alone in the McCann speaking world in thinking that this guy could be a genuine contender then?
If the ramshackle farm where the German lived and the disused barn described below are the same place , you are not alone.
Interesting news article  taken from CMOMM , posted on 5th June 2020 by Sharonl.

Sunday Express
By Matt Drake in Praia da Luz and James Murray
2 December 2007

THE hunt for Madeleine McCann was last night centred on a disused barn near Praia da Luz, where police found a towel possibly stained with the four year-old's blood.

Fibres found on the towel allegedly match fibres from the hire car rented by Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week in Leicester.

Today, for the first time, the Sunday Express can shed light on the new avenue police are pursuing in the hope of a breakthrough in the baffling case.

Based on fresh information from a mobile phone surveillance, police began a search of an area in the south east of the resort.

They came across a towel, with an Aztec design, by a disused barn in a remote area near Praia da Luz.

Portuguese sources say forensic scientists used a substance called luminol to look for blood deposits and found three sites on the edges of the towel.

From the sites they tested the blood deposits to see if there was a match with Madeleine McCann's DNA.

Although the samples were not good quality the scientists were able to do what is called low copy analysis which showed there was "moderate" support to suggest the deposits matched Madeleine's blood.

The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in any court case.

But close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material.

The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the Renault Scenic car hired by the McCanns 25 days after Maddie vanished.

Portuguese police sources say there was "strong support" that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres from the boot of the car.

One possibility being considered by the Portuguese detectives was that the towel had at some point been in the boot of the Renault Scenic car, which would explain how fibres had got on it.

Meanwhile, a close friend of Kate and Gerry McCann who was holidaying with them when Madeleine vanished will be questioned by Portuguese police this week over a "mystery' phone call.

Dr Russell O'Brien, 36, has come under investigation after a team of telephone surveillance officers highlighted a mobile call made to the missing four-year-old's father more than a month after she disappeared.

Portuguese detectives are now working on the theory that a call made between Gerry McCann, 39, and Dr O'Brien is the missing link that could help them find Madeleine's body.

Investigators are focussing their inquiry on the exact whereabouts of Dr O'Brien when the call was made on June 10.

Gerry McCann said the call was made within four kilometres of the Mark Warner resort.

But technicians have now dismissed his claim after examining data records taken from specified areas near to where the child went missing.

It is understood key words aroused police suspicions.

Last edited by patts on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

patts

Back to top Go down

The "number 1 suspect" Christian B  - Page 4 Empty Re: The "number 1 suspect" Christian B

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 08 Jun 2020, 6:01 pm

unreorganised wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Hi all. Long time since my last comment on the case here....Shocked

It has been fascinating to sit back and take all this latest "revelation" in and also to watch reactions on various forums outside dedicated ones like here. Hardly anyone is buying into this latest story, though.

One question I have revolves around this suspects car(s). What are the details of the cars and what where the movements of them between May 3rd 2007 and today as far as is known? Something about ownership being transferred? Are they mentioned in the PJ files?

In regards the seemingly ridiculous release of mobile numbers (when is this ever done by police?) I still wonder if this is all an exercise in trying to get under an individual or individuals skin? MWT's tweets about it make it seem farcical in any case.

Hi TTWO; it's all in this thread really. CMoMM have a similar one going but it's made hard work by Verdi's "interventions".

Apparently the Germans recovered the VW bus from a scrap dealer who had allegedly paid Mr. B. €5000 for it. Now I know these vehicles have some inexplicable cache but I reckon he woz robbed, if there's any truth in that.

Where the Jaguar has been in the meantime is less clear.

Thanks unreorganised. I will try and grab a spare hour this evening to have a look into this in more detail. Cars are an area I like to research and I also know via family a very experienced car dealer (even moved cars across Europe in the past) so that might come in handy.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 08 Jun 2020, 6:01 pm

I'm wondering whether there was going to be an appeal for info regarding the cars and mobiles but some one got wind of the German chappy and it pushed the Germans into shaking the tree to see what fell out, as for the death are the Germans more pragmatic in approaches to missing child investigations.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 08 Jun 2020, 6:17 pm

How could the fibers from the boot of the Renault they hired get into that barn? If it is the same barn?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 08 Jun 2020, 6:55 pm

patts wrote:
unreorganised wrote:So am I alone in the McCann speaking world in thinking that this guy could be a genuine contender then?
If the ramshackle farm where the German lived and the disused barn described below are the same place , you are not alone.
Interesting news article  taken from CMOMM , posted on 5th June 2020 by Sharonl.

Sunday Express
2 December 2007

THE hunt for Madeleine McCann was last night centred on a disused barn near Praia da Luz, where police found a towel possibly stained with the four year-old's blood.

Fibres found on the towel allegedly match fibres from the hire car rented by Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week in Leicester.

Today, for the first time, the Sunday Express can shed light on the new avenue police are pursuing in the hope of a breakthrough in the baffling case.

Based on fresh information from a mobile phone surveillance, police began a search of an area in the south east of the resort.

They came across a towel, with an Aztec design, by a disused barn in a remote area near Praia da Luz.

Portuguese sources say forensic scientists used a substance called luminol to look for blood deposits and found three sites on the edges of the towel.

From the sites they tested the blood deposits to see if there was a match with Madeleine McCann's DNA.

Although the samples were not good quality the scientists were able to do what is called low copy analysis which showed there was "moderate" support to suggest the deposits matched Madeleine's blood.

The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in any court case.

But close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material.

The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the Renault Scenic car hired by the McCanns 25 days after Maddie vanished.

Portuguese police sources say there was "strong support" that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres from the boot of the car.

One possibility being considered by the Portuguese detectives was that the towel had at some point been in the boot of the Renault Scenic car, which would explain how fibres had got on it.

Meanwhile, a close friend of Kate and Gerry McCann who was holidaying with them when Madeleine vanished will be questioned by Portuguese police this week over a "mystery' phone call.

Dr Russell O'Brien, 36, has come under investigation after a team of telephone surveillance officers highlighted a mobile call made to the missing four-year-old's father more than a month after she disappeared.

Portuguese detectives are now working on the theory that a call made between Gerry McCann, 39, and Dr O'Brien is the missing link that could help them find Madeleine's body.

Investigators are focussing their inquiry on the exact whereabouts of Dr O'Brien when the call was made on June 10.

Gerry McCann said the call was made within four kilometres of the Mark Warner resort.

But technicians have now dismissed his claim after examining data records taken from specified areas near to where the child went missing.

Welcome to the forum patts, thanks for posting that and reminding us.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 08 Jun 2020, 7:19 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:How could the fibers from the boot of the Renault they hired get into that barn? If it is the same barn?

That's the essence of the whole thing though isn't it.

When you first get interested in this case, and you read about the fibres, and the dogs, and you end up in a spiral of incredulity, always unable to square all the seemingly known facts in a way that doesn't make sense without some ridiculous deus ex machina explanation more at home in an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Like, oh, I dunno, somebody "kidnapping" a dead body. Or something.

I am minded to think that this guy is involved. But I certainly don't think it necessarily starts and ends with him.

Incidentally DDL your question would ideally have been asked at the time by a journalist. But this case exists in a dreamworld, a parallel universe where the obvious is ignored and every action and reaction seems to be the opposite of the norm.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

The "number 1 suspect" Christian B  - Page 4 Empty Scaremongering is the biggest threat of all!

Post  poster Mon 08 Jun 2020, 7:30 pm

History is useful for understanding the present!

This headline from almost exactly 6 years ago seems particularly apt now! The WHO is positively aggressive in its stance about the dangers of coronavirus. Anything which does not fit with their narrative is labelled: 'dangerous' etc. What, exactly, is the WHO agenda? I doubt it's about world health,

https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/may/14/scaremongering-pandemic-could-claim-countless-lives

Voices from the coalface shot down by those who wish to promote fear.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-italy-virus/new-coronavirus-losing-potency-top-italian-doctor-says-idUKKBN2370OP

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 08 Jun 2020, 7:39 pm

So confusing unreorganised, time will tell, although I thought I read somewhere that he was to be released today? confused

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 08 Jun 2020, 7:46 pm

I should add, the Luz house is not far from Freud's place, on the McCann's jogging route and pretty much where Daniel Krugel carried out his "search".

This is interesting with regard to Russell O'Brien's telephone "pings".

https://h42a.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/russell-obrien-in-aljezur/

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 08 Jun 2020, 8:47 pm

German prosecutor says missing Madeleine McCann is dead and he has 'evidence'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-madeleine-mccann-german-prosecutor-22159334#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

Nothing much on it yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 08 Jun 2020, 8:54 pm

candyfloss wrote:
patts wrote:

Sunday Express
2 December 2007

Welcome to the forum patts, thanks for posting that and reminding us.

WOW! When I saw the locations of where the suspect had lived, I did wonder about the barn and the blood-stained towel etc as a possible link but it wasn't an area  of the case I was particularly familiar with. This is promising though, surely, as it is placing the McCanns and Tapas squarely in the frame. I also held out a faint hope that the German police (unlike the UK police, imo) would not want to sully their reputation with false leads.

The Germans knocked corona on the head with top forensics and detective work perhaps they can do the same with the Madeleine McCann case? Here's hoping.  Right now there are so many countries I would rather live in than the UK.  What a mess we have made of things. The coronavirus fiasco stands as a metaphor, imo, for complete incompetence and lack of intelligent planning. The Madeleine McCann case was the writing on the wall.

https://www.ft.com/content/cc1f650a-91c0-4e1f-b990-ee8ceb5339ea
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 08 Jun 2020, 9:17 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8399713/Pictured-teenage-girlfriend-Maddie-McCann-suspect-used-beat-help-solve-mystery.html?ito=push-notification&ci=17892&si=1151714

From the article: Give me strength!

[size=34]Portuguese police 'have identified crooked hotel worker who tipped off Madeleine prime suspect Christian Brueckner that the McCanns' room would be unlocked'[/size]

A crooked employee who is believed to have tipped off the Madeleine McCann suspect that the door to her apartment would be open and easy to break into has been identified, according to reports.
Portuguese and German police are said to know the name of the person who they believe told Christian Brueckner details of the movements of tourists staying at the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz.
The employee's knowledge of what happened on the night of May 3rd 2007 as well as any dealings with Brueckner could be crucial in the long running investigation.
It is suspected that Brueckner received a telephone call shortly before three year old Maddie was abducted from her ground floor apartment.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  patts Mon 08 Jun 2020, 9:31 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:How could the fibers from the boot of the Renault they hired get into that barn? If it is the same barn?
"One possibility being considered by the Portuguese detectives was that the towel had at some point been in the boot of the Renault Scenic car, which would explain how fibres had got on it."

patts

Back to top Go down

Post  patts Mon 08 Jun 2020, 9:53 pm

Notice that the German blog: https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1501-unterdenteppichgekehrt-blogspot is now not available to the public.
It was a few weeks ago.

Last edited by patts on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

patts

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 08 Jun 2020, 9:54 pm

poster wrote:

WOW! When I saw the locations of where the suspect had lived, I did wonder about the barn and the blood-stained towel etc as a possible link but it wasn't an area  of the case I was particularly familiar with. This is promising though, surely, as it is placing the McCanns and Tapas squarely in the frame. I also held out a faint hope that the German police (unlike the UK police, imo) would not want to sully their reputation with false leads.

I'm debating with myself if you could make a case from the T9's movements that they themselves were aware of Brueckner.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 08 Jun 2020, 9:56 pm

Freedom wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8399713/Pictured-teenage-girlfriend-Maddie-McCann-suspect-used-beat-help-solve-mystery.html?ito=push-notification&ci=17892&si=1151714

From the article: Give me strength!

[size=34]Portuguese police 'have identified crooked hotel worker who tipped off Madeleine prime suspect Christian Brueckner that the McCanns' room would be unlocked'[/size]

A crooked employee who is believed to have tipped off the Madeleine McCann suspect that the door to her apartment would be open and easy to break into has been identified, according to reports.
Portuguese and German police are said to know the name of the person who they believe told Christian Brueckner details of the movements of tourists staying at the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz.
The employee's knowledge of what happened on the night of May 3rd 2007 as well as any dealings with Brueckner could be crucial in the long running investigation.
It is suspected that Brueckner received a telephone call shortly before three year old Maddie was abducted from her ground floor apartment.

Bear in mind that this employee would presumably be providing intelligence for burglary. I don't think they would remain silent in light of an abduction.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 08 Jun 2020, 10:13 pm

Mark Williams-Thomas

@mwilliamsthomas

·
11m

Breaking ; German authorities issue red notice for the immediate apprehension of #ChristianBrueckner ex girlfriend #NakscijeMiftari . I can confirm that she is the person who held the number +351 916 510 683 that the police wanted to trace. How did police not find this out ?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 08 Jun 2020, 10:35 pm

Looks like this is all developing fast. Did this lady feature in the case originally? I don't recognise the name. I'll hold fire looking into the cars if something bigger is about to break!

/famous last words. lol!

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 09 Jun 2020, 12:10 am

It appears that much of this was known in 2007 (unless I am mistaken?)

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/blood-on-towel-may-be-from-madeleine-s-express-02--t15252.html

I wonder if this latest suspect was brought into this sordid case at a relatively late stage?  Could this be part of the 'biggest f***ing c***up on the planet' that Robert Murat famously said. Or perhaps Gerry McCann: 'It's a disaster'.

Robert Murat appears to have arrived on the scene at a relatively late stage and it has long been speculated that  he might have had some kind of 'trouble-shooting' role, if even inadvertently. It has been theorized that his contacts might have been useful.

If one is to subscribe to a theory that the Madeleine McCann case was a faked abduction (a 'good' story to bury 'bad' news) but it somehow went wrong, was botched and/or sabotaged then perhaps certain players were pulled in at the last minute to keep the 'show on the road' and reputations intact?

Kate in her book makes much of the block booking note in the staff message book of the Tapas restaurant which sat at pool reception for most of the day, according to Kate. On page 56 of her book she writes: 'This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we waned to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.'

I can see that this (paragraph above) was covered in the Mail story up-thread. Given that Kate's book was written several years after the alleged abduction it could possibly indicate a 'retrofitting' required because of the 'disaster' and subsequent last-minute panic?

The Russell phone 'ping' is indeed interesting. (And possibly Matt phone ping?)

https://h42a.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/russell-obrien-in-aljezur/

There can't be that many ruins in Aljezur, can there?

Paul Axxxxxxx 917... has a ruin in Aljezur and is related in professional terms, is a friend of his brother Richard;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm#p8p1947

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/madeleine-swoop-on-homes-3112637
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

The "number 1 suspect" Christian B  - Page 4 Empty Boris' 'world-beating' test and trace system

Post  poster Tue 09 Jun 2020, 12:37 am

Boris boasting of a 'world-leading' test and trace system.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/boris-johnsons-test-and-tracing-system-britain-lockdown

Oh dear. The horse has bolted - about three months ago, in fact.  I think Boris was desperate to 'win the race' and get to the top of Mount Everest first and pin the union jack.

However, in this particular war, the Germans got there first (and many others too, imo). We came pretty much last it would seem.

Boris' attempts to rearrange the deck-chairs on the Titanic are really quite pitiful.

Boris may aspire to be Churchill 'waging war by sea' but he comes across more as Captain Pugwash with a rather hopeless crew of scientists sailors. Perhaps he should stop 'following the science' and follow some common-sense?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Pugwash

IMO!  Cool
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 09 Jun 2020, 9:24 am

candyfloss wrote:
Mark Williams-Thomas

@mwilliamsthomas

·
11m

Breaking ; German authorities issue red notice for the immediate apprehension of #ChristianBrueckner ex girlfriend #NakscijeMiftari . I can confirm that she is the person who held the number +351 916 510 683 that the police wanted to trace. How did police not find this out ?

Not Diogo Silva then? Or are we to assume that an innocent bar worker in Praia da Luz somehow ended up with the recycled PAYG number of the ex girlfriend of the current prime suspect? That would be some coincidence even by the standards of this case. Or was he using her phone at some stage?

Was the previous appeal really an appeal for her to come forward?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 09 Jun 2020, 10:05 am

Also, if this guy had the reputation in PdL that is alleged, you would think that the various private investigators if at all competent would have locked onto him fairly early. When the various "blonde man" sightings were being pushed, apparently due to the work of Metodo 3, were they already aware of Brueckner and trying to focus attention in that direction?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 09 Jun 2020, 11:39 am

unreorganised wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Mark Williams-Thomas

@mwilliamsthomas

·
11m

Not Diogo Silva then? Or are we to assume that an innocent bar worker in Praia da Luz somehow ended up with the recycled PAYG number of the ex girlfriend of the current prime suspect? That would be some coincidence even by the standards of this case. Or was he using her phone at some stage?

Was the previous appeal really an appeal for her to come forward?

There seems to be some confusion here because it appears Nakscije is his latest girlfriend he split up with and is laying low. They met in Germany when she was 17 (how old is she now?) and he was much older. Says he took her to Portugal in 2014 and she was deported (why?) in 2015. Obviously can't have been the person to call him in PDL in in May 2007? There is a second unnamed woman/girlfriend mentioned in the article from Berkshire but lives in Portugal including in May 2007. Is she the woman that called CB on that evening?

The big question here is if the current ex-girlfriend does have the exact mobile number that made the call on the May 2007 evening. I really can't believe that for a second. So MWT has this wrong?

This rabbit hole is getting deep.....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 09 Jun 2020, 11:50 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8401591/Police-investigating-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-Christian-Brueckner-hunt-ex-girlfriend.html?ito=push-notification&ci=17931&si=1151714

I still don't know how the police can say with certainty that CB has knowledge of the case that only someone who was involved could, when apparently he has never been questioned about it. 

There is only as far as I know a hearsay account of something he said in a bar.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 09 Jun 2020, 1:35 pm

Freedom wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8401591/Police-investigating-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-Christian-Brueckner-hunt-ex-girlfriend.html?ito=push-notification&ci=17931&si=1151714

I still don't know how the police can say with certainty that CB has knowledge of the case that only someone who was involved could, when apparently he has never been questioned about it. 

There is only as far as I know a hearsay account of something he said in a bar.

I mean haven't all "leads" been full of holes when we've looking into them for 5 minutes!? Pretty par for the course in this case, Freedom.

I am intrigued to know who this other woman he dated for a year in 2004-5 is and what she could possibly know what he's done from 2007 on?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next