MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

+19
Mimi
Poe
Helenmeg
chilli
joyce1938
Châtelaine
niklasericson
Freedom
Bampots
unreorganised
froggy
Andrew
Satsuma
TheTruthWillOut
dogs don't lie
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
Inca
candyfloss
23 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 5 Empty Re: Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:08 am

Andrew wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/i-dont-think-any-bigger-10014586

'I don't think there is any bigger priority' Piers Morgan backs £85,000 cash boost to search for Madeleine McCann
The GMB host fought against criticism of the cash lifeline nearly 10 years after Maddie's disappearance

Morgan is indignant that he thinks if one of his kids went missing he would want unlimited money spent to find him or her but what if the Met were to say to him that they had to limit how much they spend on his case because Madeleine's case was taking up all available resources? Bet he wouldn't be so understanding then.
Ideal opportunity for someone to have asked him if he left his kids alone to go out boozing as his friends the McCanns allude to having done.

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 5 Empty Re: Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:26 am

Interesting at the end if I heard correctly,  where Matthew Wright talks about McCanns may be taking action against Karen Matthews, and it is the last thing a parent of a missing child should be focusing on.

Video here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/news/matthew-wright-claims-parents-of-missing-children-have-been-short-changed-compared-to-madeleine-mccanns/

Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:33 am

http://www.policeprofessional.com/news.aspx?id=28716

Madeleine McCann inquiry extended
13 Mar 2017

Extra funding has been granted to extend the Madeleine McCann investigation until September.

The Home Office has allocated another £85,000 to Operation Grange, which is being conducted by the Metropolitan Police Service.

The money will be used to cover operational costs and brings the investigation’s total budget to £11.1 million.

Officers are reportedly still keen to interview a suspect who gave a witness statement shortly after Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

A Home Office spokesperson said: “Following an application from the Metropolitan Police Service for Special Grant funding the Home Office has confirmed £85,000 in operational costs for Operation Grange for the period between April 1 until September 2017.

“As with all applications, the required resources are reviewed regularly and careful consideration is given before any new funding is allocated.”
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:35 am

candyfloss wrote:Interesting at the end if I heard correctly,  where Matthew Wright talks about McCanns may be taking out writ against Karen Matthews, and it is the last thing a parent of a missing child should be focusing on.

Video here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/news/matthew-wright-claims-parents-of-missing-children-have-been-short-changed-compared-to-madeleine-mccanns/

Looks like there's a lot more MW wanted to say, looks uneasy speaking about it IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

Piers Morgan‏Verified account @piersmorgan  · 2h2 hours ago

The McCanns spend every day imagining their little girl being raped, tortured or murdered by a paedophile. There can't be anything worse.

Yes, they probably do, but somehow This immediately came to my mind from the Mirror in August 2007 when things must have been so raw....

[snipped] my bold

"I never worried someone would watch us, break in and then take our daughter away. Why would I?"

Kate even joked that Madeleine is probably giving her kidnapper a taste of her forceful character.

She said: "Madeleine is such a sociable child, so funny and engaging.

"She has a lot of personality. Her name actually means 'tower of strength'.

"She hated it when we called her Maddie. She'd say 'My name is Madeleine' with an indignant look.

"I bet she's giving whoever she's with her tuppence worth."

Kate continually clasps Madeleine's toy Cuddle Cat as a precious link.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-mccanns-agony-498019

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:44 am

Yet haven't the McCanns stated repeatedly that there is no evidence that their daughter has come to harm?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:45 am

dogs don't lie wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Interesting at the end if I heard correctly,  where Matthew Wright talks about McCanns may be taking out writ against Karen Matthews, and it is the last thing a parent of a missing child should be focusing on.

Video here.

Looks like there's a lot more MW wanted to say, looks uneasy speaking about it IMO

Yes, I got that impression as well.

He thinks it's all a charade and an absolute disgrace is another impression I got.

And I bet he said as much as soon is it went to an advert break.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:47 am

And you can only be murdered once, also makes one wonder what harmed means to them!

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:47 am

'MCCANNS GOT SPECIAL TREATMENT' Matthew Wright claims parents of missing children have been ‘short changed’ compared to Kate and Gerry McCann

Channel 5 host also asked why McCanns are suing Karen Matthews rather than hunt for their lost child

MATTHEW Wright claims that parents of missing children have been “short-changed” by the Government after they ploughed millions of pounds in to looking for Madeline McCann… and only £2,500 on other missing children.

Speaking on today’s The Wright Stuff, the 51-year-old discussed the new £85,000 cash injection given to Kate and Gerry McCann to track down a ‘person of interest’ loitering near the Portuguese holiday resort the night their daughter went missing.

He explained: “The money has got to be interesting to the wider public.

“This follows the £10m fund that David Cameron ordered was ‘ring fenced’ specifically to help find her.

“£10m got nowhere over the past two years – £85k in comparison does sound like a last roll of the dice.

“It doesn’t sound like it well get much further than this final investigation.

“It is an extraordinary case and extraordinary amount of money – it’s heartbreaking for all concerned.”

Maddy is believed to have been snatched aged 3 from her parents’ holiday apartment while they had a dinner with friends on the other side of the resort.

She was left sleeping alone with her toddler twin siblings, who survived the mysterious incident unharmed.

Matthew then presented some key facts that made the huge sums spent looking for the missing child look even more extreme.

He said: “Three hundred children go missing and are not found again in the UK every year, and on average the police expenditure on each child that isn’t found is £2,500.

“Other missing kid’s parents have been short changed by us, the Government, the police.

The search continues and more threats of writs from the McCann parents…

“I think there was even some talk about them taking action again Karen Matthews.

“That seems to me like the last thing people should focus on when their child is missing.”

Matthew’s comments come hours after Good Morning Britain fans slammed the doctor duo for taking £1.1m of taxpayer’s money to look for their missing daughter.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3076082/matthew-wright-claims-parents-of-missing-children-have-been-short-changed-compared-to-kate-and-gerry-mccann/

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:49 am

That Dr. Graham Hill still continues to be damning of the Portuguese police and stands up for the McCanns. He always has done, yet has got lots of things wrong and neglected a lot of facts. I think he fancies himself as another Mark Williams Thomas :-

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:50 am

“Three hundred children go missing and are not found again in the UK every year, and on average the police expenditure on each child that isn’t found is £2,500"

I would like to know if that is truly accurate?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:59 am

Thanks for posting that @ Mimi. I'll have a watch of it later on.

Dr Graham Hill
Offenders who Occupy Positions of Trust

Graham is a Consultant Criminologist, former senior police officer and experienced SIO. He was the founding Head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre’s Behavioural Analysis Unit (BAU) and has been an advisor, behavioural analyst or SIO on some of the UK’s most notorious child abuse/murder investigations. His research interests include the behaviour of male and female child sex offenders, interviewing child sex offenders and non-familial child abduction/murder. His work focuses on how research can inform and enhance investigative practice.

Dr Hill will provide an insight into offending behaviour and how predators use their positions of trust to facilitate their sexual abuse of children. He will reflect on the tactics they employ and will explain the importance of considering the 6 steps to understanding child sex offenders. Graham will place this theory in context by using videos of interviews conducted with convicted predators.

https://ineqe.com/glimpse/

.... Jim Gamble's best pal. Say no more. Rolling Eyes
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:00 pm

I can't see that Karen Mathews would have any money, so what would be the point of suing ?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:02 pm

I very much doubt it, Andrew! Most will be teenagers who have left of their own accord.

I may be having a senior moment but I can't remember hearing of yet another so-called expert, Dr Graham Hill. Those of us of a certain age will know the racing driver with that name!

https://theconversation.com/profiles/graham-hill-148110

I see that he was in the Surrey police force - MWT was too; maybe they knew each other.

Last edited by Freedom on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:13 pm

http://portugalresident.com/%E2%80%9Cback-to-the-ocean-club%E2%80%9D-maddie-cops-focus-on-%E2%80%9Cmissing-resort-worker%E2%80%9D

Posted by PORTUGALPRESS on March 13, 2017
“Back to the Ocean Club” - Maddie cops focus on “missing resort worker”

The hunt for closure in the almost 10 year mystery of ‘what happened to Madeleine McCann’ is focusing once again on Luz Ocean Club -- the complex from which she went missing almost 10 years ago.

The news, repeated by various UK tabloids this morning, follows a purported ‘last ditch’ £85,000 (€96,000) injection into the long-running British police probe - extending the already multi-millionaire funding for another six months.

It also comes as the parents of missing Madeleine announced they too will be ‘ploughing €500,000’ into the “desperate search” for their missing daughter.

According to today’s news, the latest ‘hot lead’ is a former Portuguese worker at the now world-famous family holiday resort.

Claiming to be in touch with “an insider”, the Daily Mail says police believe this worker “kept secrets from them during the initial investigation”.

“There is no suggestion he stole Maddie, but he may know the people involved”, adds the tabloid - stressing yet again the angle of a burglary that “went wrong”.

A “Portuguese police source” is reported to have told the Daily Mirror: “This Portuguese man used to work at the club resort, he speaks a bit of English” - which, in the grand scheme of things, means he could be just about anybody.

In Portugal, the revelations have been greeted with a hefty dose of salt. Criminal investigator, writer and broadcaster Moita Flores - formerly attached to the country’s Judicial Police - and a regular commentator on the ‘unspoken angles’ of the case, has given an exclusive interview to Flash! news website (part of the Cofina group that owns Correio da Manhã) suggesting: “This is all just another attempt to clear the real people responsible for this disaster.

“Why this child, when there are so many others who have disappeared”, he queries.

“The secret is in that group of people (holidaying with the McCann couple) and the parents, who are influential people within the British government”, he said.

For now, the official British version of this seemingly endless mystery is that an international search is underway to try and locate this new ‘key witness’. The latest cash injection from the British government is to facilitate that search, the papers claim, quoting policing minister Brandon Lewis “who signed off the payment, saying: ‘I am pleased to be able to support the British police who are trying to get to the bottom of what happened to Madeleine McCann and give some kind of closure and justice to her family”.

Little has been made of the fact that the detective in charge of the much-reduced police investigation for the last two-plus years is formerly from the Met’s homicide division (click here).

As Moita Flores told Flash! he has "no doubts" that the case "involves a murder".

"It was impossible to get through a window with a child", he said - referring to the official version of the abduction theory - adding that "Maddie died in that apartment".

"With the €96,000 awarded by the British government, they should be doing a reconstruction in Praia da Luz", he told Flash!. "It is the only way to resolve the case".

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:15 pm

Is the suggestion that this man is somehow unable to be located?

Strange how Hagland's recently surfaced book claims that TM's principal lead was that Maddie had been taken by an OC employee to a new life where she would be treated, quite literally, like a princess.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:20 pm

unreorganised wrote:Is the suggestion that this man is somehow unable to be located?

Strange how Hagland's recently surfaced book claims that TM's principal lead was that Maddie had been taken by an OC employee to a new life where she would be treated, quite literally, like a princess.

Yep, sounds that way. So, he gave a police statement 2 days after, his name and address would be there, how difficult would it be to locate someone, maybe not at the same address, but easy to find I would imagine. They are also wanting us to believe that SY after going through the files, and 7 years later, have only just realised that this man may be keeping some secrets back and have just started searching for him..... doh! No rush then. Rolling Eyes It's all a pile of crock.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:23 pm

Niall Callaghan‏
@NiallStockport

@piersmorgan @GMB You were on air last week slamming a lady for leaving a child in the house, whilst she nipped shop? ... Hypocrite...

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 1:16 pm

I dislike Piers immensely. Can't stand the chap in all honesty but he's surely not that stupid is he? And normally he thrives on being a bit controversial and forthright with his opinions.... So who's been bending his ear with all this I wonder.... As somebody has?

Anyway here's a full transcript of his CNN interview with the McCanns back in 2011: (I think it's on here somewhere already)

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/11/pmt.01.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 13 Mar 2017, 1:36 pm

froggy wrote:I can't see that Karen Mathews would have any money, so what would be the point of suing ?

It's not New Zealand's finest but maybe she could pay them off with a six pack of these:

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 5 IDShot_540x540

After all, every little helps!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:15 pm

Jim Gamble:

Jim Gamble‏ @JimGamble_INEQE  6h6 hours ago
If the @metpoliceuk think they need another 85k for the #Madeleine they should get it. @GMB there are few cases similar to this.

Jim Gamble‏ @JimGamble_INEQE  14h14 hours ago
When a child has been abused 3things really matter; the child, the unvarnished truth &Justice. Protect the 1st, seek the 2nd &demand the 3rd

....Madeleine doesn't matter. The truth doesn't matter. And justice doesn't matter, hey Jimbob.

Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : candyfloss last 2 sentences deleted as not fact and accusatory)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 3:02 pm

Apologies - I thought I might've been sailing a bit close to the wind with those now deleted sentences.

Anyway - back to Jimbob's tweet...... @GMB there are few cases similar to this.

.... Really? Can anybody enlighten me on these similar cases please?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Niall Callaghan‏
@NiallStockport  

@piersmorgan @GMB You were on air last week slamming a lady for leaving a child in the house, whilst she nipped shop? ... Hypocrite...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/watch-livid-piers-morgan-tell-8453380
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm

Andrew wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Niall Callaghan‏
@NiallStockport  

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/watch-livid-piers-morgan-tell-8453380

thanks Andrew, hmmm........

Piers Morgan ripped into a "lazy" mum on Good Morning Britain earlier today.

The presenter was absolutely furious after learning that his guest, Natasha, was comfortable with leaving her five-year-old at home alone for a few minutes while she popped to the shop.

"What if a fire had started in those few minutes?" he fumed. "What if he had grabbed a boiling kettle? Or if the TV had caught fire?"

However, the single mother stood her ground and defended her reasoning.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next