MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

+19
Mimi
Poe
Helenmeg
chilli
joyce1938
Châtelaine
niklasericson
Freedom
Bampots
unreorganised
froggy
Andrew
Satsuma
TheTruthWillOut
dogs don't lie
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
Inca
candyfloss
23 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 3 Empty Re: Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

Post  candyfloss Sun 12 Mar 2017, 3:53 pm

New one from Cristobell re all this news in past day or so.....

Cristobell Author‏ @RosalindaHu · 2h

CRISTOBELL UNBOUND http://cristobell.blogspot.com
#MCCANNS LATEST NEWS

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 3 Empty Re: Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

Post  chilli Sun 12 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm

unreorganised wrote:I wonder how much Met Policing £14000/month gets you? Can't be more than two full time officers at most, surely?

I can't really see how this - honorable mention by the BBC aside - is really "news". The Prince Charles thing is interesting though; what's that about?

Based on a rough estimate of about 1k per day per person when you take overheads and salary into account, you're looking at 20 days work per officer at most. I'd bet at least half of that will go on writing and reviewing the final report and briefing managers. So they won't have much time for investigation IMO.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Sun 12 Mar 2017, 4:39 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Over on CMOMM only jean monroe has alluded to the fact that the one man, according to the BBC and the Express, is Smithman. There has been an outpouring of vitriol towards Cressida Dick from TB and a whole load more scorn from other members.

Why are they ignoring the Elephant in the Room? The The beeb, of all cautious media outlets, have cited Smithman as the final wanted person!
Hi Dee Coy
could you please point me to where the BBC have cited Smithman as final wanted person? Thanks
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Sun 12 Mar 2017, 4:42 pm

Sorry - I was looking for picture - Now I get it!
22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean

Excellento
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Sun 12 Mar 2017, 4:43 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
canada12 wrote:If it is Smithman, Kate and Gerry won't be pleased - considering how much time and effort has been spent trying to discredit the Smith family, who are, after all, the source of the Smithman sighting. They tried to hide the e-fits. The e-fits show a remarkable likeness to Gerry. Gerry carried Sean off the plane in the same way that the Smiths described the person they saw carrying the little girl (the coincidence is what jogged th Smiths' memories). Smithman has never come forward to identify himself, in spite of masses of publicity.

One might suggest that, having eliminated absolutely every other possibility, OG has come down to this final solid lead after keeping it on the back burner throughout the investigation. I don't believe it was forgotten about at all, nor do I believe it's a last throw of the dice. I believe the dice were always there, waiting in the wings.

And we can't forget that the Smiths have been available, as witnesses, from the start, and we have no idea whether the police have interviewed them again, indepth.

It will be interesting to find out (if we find out) whether it is Smithman. I personally hope that it is, and that OG has much more information than they're releasing publicly. If anything is likely to make Kate and Gerry nervous it will be Smithman. Publicly, they should embrace the sighting enthusiastically, because it backs up their argument that Madeleine was abducted and should, if it was anyone but Gerry or another Tapas member, provide a concrete lead. Privately, they could be sh*tting bricks.

Good summary C12.

Ok, so it finally boils down to Smithman, who is not a new lead at all, but has been pivotal from day 1.

The PJ know this, we know this but more importantly the McCanns and the Met know this. So why is he being produced now as the endgame approaches?

Are we going to have a patsy shoehorned in as Smithman (dead or alive?) or are they going for a real identification? And have the Smiths and the other English lady who saw him been apprached by OG? Exciting times for justice ahead, I hope.

I hope too - it may have been sent out as a message to Team McCann... to see how they may react
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sun 12 Mar 2017, 5:13 pm

If OG are already closing in on Smithman, it would explain the McCanns recent attempts to polish Gerry's halo i.e. the research that would save the NHS millions and saving the life of a footballer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

Helenmeg wrote:Sorry - I was looking for picture - Now I get it!
22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean

Excellento

Hi Helenmeg. Yes, they haven't stated so in actual words, but inferred this to be the case by showing that very simple Smithman timeline So simplistic that it highlights purely Smithman by its austerity. No mention of Tannerman or any of the other 'noise', just Kate and Gerry, Gerry, Smithman, Kate:

- 20:30 Kate and Gerry McCann leave their apartment to have dinner at a Tapas bar

- 21:05 Gerry McCann checks on Madeleine and her siblings

- 22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean

- 22:00 Kate McCann raises the alarm that Madeleine has gone missing

Thing is, the Beeb don't usually comment on this sort of media speculation re the McCanns. Even when ITV dip a toe and Sky wax lyrical they abstain. Which makes me wonder, particularly with this nudge towards Smithman, if they know something concrete.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 5:33 pm

Going back to the Smith e-fits (sorry, playing catch up), then it was always the Smiths that did them. Hence this:

The MPS response is:

The program was referring to members of the Irish family who created the e-fits.

At Question 5 you asked:

The MPS response is:

Yes they are the same man.

Team McSpin on the whole charade is that it was one of their P.I's that drew them up. And paid him to say as much. Sounds a bit better when that info trickled out into the domain. They couldn't stop it completely but it sounded better from their side to say it came from Exton. (rather than the Smiths themselves).

The McCann's have ignored it. Tony Bennett desperately tries to discredit it. Operation Grange promoted it.

It all leads back to Smithman when they've spent millions eliminating everything else.

IMO etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 12 Mar 2017, 6:22 pm

I agree, Andrew.
IMO they've spent all this time and money to EXCLUDE any other possibility ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

Châtelaine wrote:I agree, Andrew.

The classic...Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Mar 2017, 7:33 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

The classic...Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

And since the McCanns have painted themselves into a corner - they entertain only one theory - that she was abducted - then if Smithman is the only lead which is left, after all other possibilities have been examined and eliminated - the McCanns must, by their own admission, accept the possibility that Smithman is the 'abductor'. And if they don't, what does that say about their claim of abduction? Here's a solid lead, Mr. and Mrs. McCann. What are your objections? And why?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 8:31 pm

At the end of the day, then Operation Grange will continue for as long it takes until everything is ready to go in Portugal.

And that's basically what they're doing. Paying salaries for it to tick over until the PJ give the green light.

IMO etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 8:46 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sun 12 Mar 2017, 9:22 pm

Andrew wrote:At the end of the day, then Operation Grange will continue for as long it takes until everything is ready to go in Portugal.

And that's basically what they're doing. Paying salaries for it to tick over until the PJ give the green light.

IMO etc.

It occurred to me that they might have everything ready waiting for the green light and OG don't actually need any more funding. They can't announce that the investigation has ended so they announce that additional funding has been granted to extend the investigation.

Not only does this remove the need for immediate arrests or for the Met to comment but it also eliminates a reason for the McCanns to start fundraising again. Oh and it limits the scope of replies to any FOI requests.

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 12 Mar 2017, 9:42 pm

canada12 wrote:
Satsuma wrote:They can't need 6 months to "close in on one man" -  that doesn't make sense
I assume they're just looking for a body, then everything else will fall into place

Whose body? Mystery man, or Madeleine's?

Maddie's, canads. It's the only reason I csn think of for OG to have been going on so long
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Mar 2017, 9:48 pm

canada12 wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

And since the McCanns have painted themselves into a corner - they entertain only one theory - that she was abducted - then if Smithman is the only lead which is left, after all other possibilities have been examined and eliminated - the McCanns must, by their own admission, accept the possibility that Smithman is the 'abductor'. And if they don't, what does that say about their claim of abduction? Here's a solid lead, Mr. and Mrs. McCann. What are your objections? And why?

Good shout I think.

Smithman's mind is blown!

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 3 PUqD9iI

You could also say OG have played out The Art of War over the last 6 years.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:00 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/596084/madeleine-mccann-police-search-investigation-funding-katy-gerry-portugal-missing

Taxpayer fury as police handed extra funding to look for missing Madeleine McCann
TAXPAYERS blasted a decision to extend the police hunt for missing Madeleine McCann by another six months.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:07 pm

Keeping Madeleine on the front page again......

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 3 C6wALrIXUAEAoGC

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:36 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-hunt-worker-10013618

Madeleine McCann cops hunt worker at resort as they fear he 'kept secrets' from local police
British officers are convinced the former worker at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz knows more than he's told them
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:03 pm

Andrew wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-hunt-worker-10013618

Madeleine McCann cops hunt worker at resort as they fear he 'kept secrets' from local police
British officers are convinced the former worker at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz knows more than he's told them

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 3 Mirror10
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:12 pm

Satsuma wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Satsuma wrote:They can't need 6 months to "close in on one man" -  that doesn't make sense
I assume they're just looking for a body, then everything else will fall into place

Whose body? Mystery man, or Madeleine's?

Maddie's, canads. It's the only reason I csn think of for  OG to have been going on so long

It makes me wonder if missing person cases normally go on for this long and have so much tax payers` money frittered away on them.

There are cases where a person has been missing for 20 years or more like Genette Tate and Mary Boyle but those investigations are not active for all those years but picked up again if new info comes in. It seems this case has had a team, now diminished, working on it full time.

Satsuma has a point - what the hell have Op Grange been doing all day every day for all these years.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:17 pm

Tracey K back onside with Team McCann spouting a load of nonsense via the Mirror anyway.

Deflect from Smithman. Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:18 pm

What the hell is Tracey Khandola up to - dragging up old info and managing to pad it out with the usual rubbish into a new story. It`s nearly every day.

The McCanns have probably asked her to do it and The Sun editors are allowing it.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:30 pm

Tracey K:

A local police source said....

A Portuguese police source said.....

Another source reportedly said....

I think Tracey K was on the sauce when she was making up all this guff.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:37 pm

As the resident expert on alcohol, you would know!lol!
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next