MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

+19
Mimi
Poe
Helenmeg
chilli
joyce1938
Châtelaine
niklasericson
Freedom
Bampots
unreorganised
froggy
Andrew
Satsuma
TheTruthWillOut
dogs don't lie
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
Inca
candyfloss
23 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

Post  froggy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

Loved this bit from the Mail

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said tonight: 'Kate and Gerry remain incredibly grateful to the Home Office and the Met Police for the continued work into the search for their daughter.'

He added: 'But, like the police, they will not be commenting on any operational details.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4305014/McCanns-given-85-000-boost-fund-Madeleine-search.html#ixzz4b6VjQJs7

That's because they are out of the loop and have no idea about any operational details Very Happy
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery

Post  unreorganised Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:04 am

I wonder how much Met Policing £14000/month gets you? Can't be more than two full time officers at most, surely?

I can't really see how this - honorable mention by the BBC aside - is really "news". The Prince Charles thing is interesting though; what's that about?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

unreorganised wrote:I wonder how much Met Policing £14000/month gets you? Can't be more than two full time officers at most, surely?

I can't really see how this - honorable mention by the BBC aside - is really "news". The Prince Charles thing is interesting though; what's that about?
Here is the story......

Prince Charles supports families of those still missing from the Yugoslav Wars

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/777916/prince-charles-supports-families-of-those-still-missing-from-the-Yugoslav-Wars

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:17 am

candyfloss wrote:
Here is the story......

So not exactly the scoop of the century either. Strange how the Express decides to construct its front page.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:19 am

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:43 am

canada12 wrote:If it is Smithman, Kate and Gerry won't be pleased - considering how much time and effort has been spent trying to discredit the Smith family, who are, after all, the source of the Smithman sighting. They tried to hide the e-fits. The e-fits show a remarkable likeness to Gerry. Gerry carried Sean off the plane in the same way that the Smiths described the person they saw carrying the little girl (the coincidence is what jogged th Smiths' memories). Smithman has never come forward to identify himself, in spite of masses of publicity.

One might suggest that, having eliminated absolutely every other possibility, OG has come down to this final solid lead after keeping it on the back burner throughout the investigation. I don't believe it was forgotten about at all, nor do I believe it's a last throw of the dice. I believe the dice were always there, waiting in the wings.

And we can't forget that the Smiths have been available, as witnesses, from the start, and we have no idea whether the police have interviewed them again, indepth.

It will be interesting to find out (if we find out) whether it is Smithman. I personally hope that it is, and that OG has much more information than they're releasing publicly. If anything is likely to make Kate and Gerry nervous it will be Smithman. Publicly, they should embrace the sighting enthusiastically, because it backs up their argument that Madeleine was abducted and should, if it was anyone but Gerry or another Tapas member, provide a concrete lead. Privately, they could be sh*tting bricks.

Good summary C12.

Ok, so it finally boils down to Smithman, who is not a new lead at all, but has been pivotal from day 1.

The PJ know this, we know this but more importantly the McCanns and the Met know this. So why is he being produced now as the endgame approaches?

Are we going to have a patsy shoehorned in as Smithman (dead or alive?) or are they going for a real identification? And have the Smiths and the other English lady who saw him been apprached by OG? Exciting times for justice ahead, I hope.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:48 am

Or perhaps justice implied? Which of course is no justice!

It's the way things have been evolving.....toy car=we know what happened.....overweight bin=we know what happened!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:51 am

Bampots wrote:Or perhaps justice implied? Which of course is no justice!

It's the way things have been evolving.....toy car=we know what happened.....overweight bin=we know what happened!!

Supreme justice court,McCanns not cleared=...................... put your own words in.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:55 am

Bampots, what is toy car and overweight bin? Have I missed something?

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:59 am

Dee Coy wrote:

Ok, so it finally boils down to Smithman, who is not a new lead at all, but has been pivotal from day 1.

FWIW, I never thought that the e-fit that is often claimed to do so particularly resembled GM. The pair of them do, however, resemble the Podestas. Now we are not privy to what Exton was playing at. He could have just been taking the piss. Can you dismiss an e-fit without dismissing the underlying witness testimony? Maybe the reason the e-fits were sat upon were because they weren't actually what the Smiths drew up - they were completely fabricated? It always troubled me that, having previously ID'd GM, Martin Smith would be involved in cooking up an e-fit that didn't look exactly like him - if it was me, I would just say, well, print out a picture of Gerry McCann.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:01 am

Dee Coy wrote:Bampots, what is toy car and overweight bin? Have I missed something?

He's referring to the Ben Needham and Corrie McKeague cases respectively.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:17 am

Freedom wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:Bampots, what is toy car and overweight bin? Have I missed something?

He's referring to the Ben Needham and Corrie McKeague cases respectively.

Ah, cheers Freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:18 am

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/andrew-castle/money-on-madeleine-mccann-is-money-well-spent/

Andrew: Money On Madeleine McCann Is Money Well Spent

I didn't say that. Smile
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:24 am

The money keeps rolling in.
I seriously start to believe that the McCann's have catches on people in the establishment.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:26 am

niklasericson wrote:The money keeps rolling in.
I seriously start to believe that the McCann's have catches on people in the establishment.

I think the authorities just don't know how to close OG down.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:28 am

Andrew wrote:http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/andrew-castle/money-on-madeleine-mccann-is-money-well-spent/

I didn't say that. Smile

It is when it's used to rule out every Tom, Dick and Harry and left with Smithman Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:32 am

Andrew wrote:http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/andrew-castle/money-on-madeleine-mccann-is-money-well-spent/

I didn't say that. Smile

I bet you're a better player than he ever was though. Christ, I bet I am, and I haven't held a bat for twenty years. Funny how your opinions can be given airtime because you were once no. 542 in the World at a pretty unloved sport.

I wonder what crown green bowler David Bryant makes of it all.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:35 am

unreorganised wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

FWIW, I never thought that the e-fit that is often claimed to do so particularly resembled GM. The pair of them do, however, resemble the Podestas. Now we are not privy to what Exton was playing at. He could have just been taking the piss. Can you dismiss an e-fit without dismissing the underlying witness testimony? Maybe the reason the e-fits were sat upon were because they weren't actually what the Smiths drew up - they were completely fabricated? It always troubled me that, having previously ID'd GM, Martin Smith would be involved in cooking up an e-fit that didn't look exactly like him - if it was me, I would just say, well, print out a picture of Gerry McCann.

According to Tony Bennett's FOI request the Met did confirm, much to his dismay, that the efits were indeed drawn up by the Smiths. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/questions_about_two_e_fits_of_a?unfold=1#incoming-574640

Whether Exton gave the police dud information as to the source of the e-fits, who knows? Maybe?

I think the e-fits do look like Gerry.

Madeleine Bombshell - police net closes in on just one man who is key to the mystery - Page 2 463446-74425980-345b-11e3-aed2-69a48370ac25

The lopped-off jaw on the first one comes about because of the child's head obscuring that part of the face, I believe. But if you put your hand over the bottom of both images from the nostrils downwards, and compare the top halves of the faces, they are pretty much identical and are, I think, of the same man.

Perhaps the Smiths felt uncomfortable about categorically stating the man was GM as that is too conclusive and damning, preferring to infer as much by reproducing the image they retained in their heads?

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:35 am

I wonder if this man they're seeking is one of the three burglars?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:41 am

Over on CMOMM only jean monroe has alluded to the fact that the one man, according to the BBC and the Express, is Smithman. There has been an outpouring of vitriol towards Cressida Dick from TB and a whole load more scorn from other members.

Why are they ignoring the Elephant in the Room? The The beeb, of all cautious media outlets, have cited Smithman as the final wanted person!

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 12 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

I wonder if "Smithman" is going to leg it now ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 12 Mar 2017, 12:38 pm

Spudgun has just tweeted this.  A blog he wrote in 2011, worth a read...

Mike Spudgun‏ @spudgun01 · 3m3 minutes ago

Madeleine McCann. Fact, Fiction and Fallacy. The questions remain the same. The answers remain unanswered. #mccann http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/madeleine-mccann-fact-fictiona-nd.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sun 12 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

Well you never know really ,Tannerman I hear is still kept in macs site ,I cant prove that .Takj about of all things ,that chap turned up after all these years ,fetched along some old thick fleece type jammies ,and that was sold to police it seems .It just did not come over as truth at all.jopyce1938.
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next